How to make Tandoori Bell Pepper.
Tandoor is an Indian cooking earthen pot which is heated with charcoal or wood to a high degree and it roasts the dishes to a distinct aroma and taste. If you don’t have tandoor , you can also use an over to roast the ingredients. Bell pepper is easily available all over the world and though many children don’t like it but if you prepare it like this then they start to like it. This is a very healthy dish and easy to cook and all the ingredients are very cheap ( at least in India) and healthy to eat. There are few ingredients which may not be easily available in west but can easily be ordered online on EBay or Amazon.com. Though red chili powder is used in the preparation of this dish, but surprisingly this dish is not very spicy. Make sure that bell pepper is fresh and deseeded properly.
1. Green Bell peppers (Capsicum): 4 small.
2. Potato: 1 medium boiled and grated.
3. Cottage Cheese: 200 grams grated.
4. Oil : 3 Tsp
5. Cashew Nuts: 5 chopped.
6. Raisin: ¾ Tsp
7. Onion: 1 Red medium finely chopped.
8. Carrot: ½ red finely chopped.
9. Ginger: ½ inch ginger finely chopped.
10. Red Chili Powder: ½ Tsp.
11. Green Chilies: 2 deseeded and chopped finely.
12. Garlic cloves: 2 chopped finely.
13. Chat masala: 1 Tsp.
14. Salt: To taste.
1. First of all take all the four bell peppers and divide them in to two parts each vertically.
2. Remove the seeds carefully so you do not break the top edge of the bell pepper.
3. Now mix one Tsp of oil in salt.
4. Now rub this mixture in the inside and the outside of each bell pepper.
5. Set aside for 10 minutes.
6. Take a heavy base pan and heat two Tsp of oil in it.
7. Add ginger and garlic in the heated oil and sauté for about 30 minutes.
8. Now to this add chopped green chilies and onion and sauté for 1 minute.
9. Now add carrot and sauté for couple of minutes.
10. Now to this add cashew nuts, potatoes, red chili powder, cottage cheese, raisins and chat masala.
11. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes and remove from fire/ heat.
12. Now heat the tandoor.
13. If you donot have tandoor then preheat the oven at 180 C or 350F.
14. Now while the oven is being pre heated, fill each half of the bell pepper with potato cheese mixture.
15. Take a baking trey and greese it with oil or butter.
16. Now place bell peppers in the trey and put it in the pre heated oven for 15 minutes.
17. Remove trey when bell pepper has turned slightly soft.
18. Serve hot with Roti or naan.
1. Don’t over heat bell peppers. Take them out of oven when they are slightly soft.
2. If you can use red and yellow capsicums with green ones it would give enhanced presentation.
3. You can chop raisins if you want to.
More cooking hubs by me
- Chicken Mushroom Soup Recipe
Mushrooms are my favorite. You can literally add them to any dish or soup. Mushrooms are easily available all over the world. They are cheap and healthy and easy to digest and lend great taste to the dish. Mushrooms should be washed thoroughly before
- Pesto and Ricotta Chicken Recipe
This recipe involves a very good combination of cheese and chicken. It may not be as healthy as some other chicken dishes but in taste it is second to none. When cooked the dish is mouth watering and when served right it is very pleasing to eye. Agai
- Mushroom Bhajji Recipe
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Prawn and Pineapple Tikka Recipe
Prawn and Pineapple Tikka is one of very tasty dish. Pineapple gives this dish a definitely tangy taste while prawns are hot and spicy. This dish is not only healthy as it not only has prawns but also combine meat with fruit, but is also very yummy a
- Baked Bread Rolls Recipe
Bread rolls is one of the favourite snack of North Indians. It is originally a recipe from the Punjab but now it is made all over the world. Problem with the Bread rolls is that they are very unhealthy because they are deep fried. Bread rolls are eas