- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Deep Fried Maple-Mustard Glazed Chicken Recipe
Juice it up a little at your next backyard barbecue or holiday gathering. Give your grill a rest, and take a break from the usual burgers and dogs. Impress your family and friends with the mouth-watering Deep Fried Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken recipe below!
You'll need to invest in a turkey fryer if you don't already own one. They are relatively inexpensive, and some models on the market today are safe for indoor use. Always read and follow the instruction manual that comes with your turkey fryer, and take a minute to read these Turkey Fryer Safety Tips. Remember, there are no shortcuts when it comes to safety.
- a turkey fryer
- paper towels
- cotton butcher's twine
- an instant-read meat thermometer
- a wire rack
- a spoon
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 1 recipe maple-mustard glaze, (see "quick tips" below Nutrition Facts)
- up to 3 gallons peanut oil, (depending on the size of your chicken)
- Determine how much peanut oil you will need using the instructions provided through the link in the "quick tips" section below.
- Preheat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the neck and giblets from your chicken. Rinse the inside, and use paper towels to pat it dry. Use cotton butcher's twine to tie the legs to the tail. Twist the wing tips under the back of the chicken.
- Place the chicken into the fryer basket (breast side up), and slowly lower it into the preheated oil. Keep the oil temperature near 350 degrees F., and cook the chicken 7 minutes for each pound. (A 4 pound chicken would need to fry for 28 minutes)
- Carefully remove the chicken, and see if it is done. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check the internal temperature by inserting it into the meaty part of a thigh. When done, the thermometer should read 180 degrees F.
- Drain the chicken on a wire rack.
- Spoon the maple-mustard glaze over the hot chicken.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
|Serving size: 2/3 pound of chicken|
|Calories from Fat||315|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 35 g||54%|
|Saturated fat 10 g||50%|
|Unsaturated fat 25 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 32 g||64%|
|Cholesterol 138 mg||46%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|