Maple-Mustard Glaze Recipe
Add a burst of flavor to your favorite meat, pork or poultry with this delicious maple-mustard glaze! This wonderful glaze is easy to make, and only takes a few minutes. Just follow the simple directions below.
(Pictured to the right is a Deep Fried Maple-Mustard Glazed Chicken. Click here to view that recipe.)
- a microplane grater
- a small saucepan
- a spoon
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 oz pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coarse-grain brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 Tbsp finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard powder
- Combine all of the ingredients except the pecans and orange peel in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Stir in the pecans and finely shredded orange peel.
|Serving size: 1 Tablespoon|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 11 g||4%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 7 mg||2%|
|Sodium 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|