Quick and Easy Mouth Watering Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Mouth Watering Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Who doesn't love cinnamon rolls. Imagine sitting in your morning nook with a cup of coffee reading the morning paper with the aroma of cinnamon and dough running through your house. That is certainly a treat to the nostrils and will surely make many stomachs growl. You do not need to have great cooking or baking skills to make this recipe, even beginners can make great cinnamon rolls. The only skill you need to know is how to measure ingredients and turn on the stove. How easy is that?
A Great Treat In Little Time
Cinnamon rolls are a fabulous treat that everyone loves to gobble up. But the thought of rolling out the dough and mixing all the ingredients are certainly a deterrent. The next best option could be to go to your local bakery but then that requires getting out of your pajamas maybe before you are ready. That is until now. Having a can of biscuits, sugar, cinnamon and butter have solved the sweet tooth problem. With those few ingredients cinnamon rolls will be off the pan and popped in your mouth in about 30 minutes. This is a treat that the whole family will love. Best part of it all the kids can help prepare their own treat.
Appeal To The Senses
This is a quick and helpful hint. Appealing to your mate has never been easier. Studies have shown that food smells increase the hormone in your libido quicker than any other scent. So quite possibly if the kids are out of the house and you and your honey are home alone then making a batch of cinnamon rolls may be just the recipe.
Also, one way to improve the mood during the wintery cold months where moods are generally a little lower by placing an aroma filled desert in the oven. Think about all the scented candles and plug in smell goods for your home, often they are scents related to food. Popular scents include baked cookies, apple pie, pumpkin spice, etc. What better way to infuse the senses then to make a treat that is both great to smell and wonderful to indulge.
- 1 can of jumbo biscuits (8ct)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Open the can of biscuits and place on a wooden cutting board. Arranging the biscuits a rectangular pattern and roll out with a rolling pin or flatten with your hand. Make sure not to create holes when rolling out the dough.
- Gently melt butter in microwave then add the cinnamon and sugar to the melted butter until it makes a luscious paste (this is what makes them so GOOD!) Spread this mixture on your flattened biscuit log.
- Now begin rolling your long from the shorter end of the rectangle. Make sure not to roll too loose or tight. Place your cinnamon log in the freezer for 5 minutes. The freezer helps to harden the dough and prep for cutting.
- Remove the log from the freezer and with a large knife cut the log in 1” strips. If step 1 was done properly you should have about 10 rolls including the edges that can be a little messy if they were not rolled out straight. The closer you place them together the more they will rise(notice the finished picture they were not placed closely together)
- Place in the oven and wait for the great aroma to fill the air and watch the kids come running. Cook about 10 minutes or until golden brown on top. Most cinnamon rolls also have a strudel on top but these are great without. But if you would like a little streusel it can be made with powdered sugar and a little milk.
Finished product(before cooking)
Rate the Recipe
Thanks To The Swedes
Every time I make this wonderful treat I say a quick thanks to the Swedish who coined the "cinnamon bun" and led us onto this fabulous smelling and tasking food.
Started in 1999, cities across Sweden celebrate National Cinnamon Bun day on October 4th. Swedish cinnamon buns differ in many ways when compared to the American version. Swedish cinnamon rolls are infused with cardamon spice in the dough and is less sticky and sugary. Instead of the glaze Swedish cinnamon rolls are sprinkled with sugar.
No matter how you love your cinnamon roll - they are a household treat and certainly liven up the senses.
Finished product (after baking)
Trust Me They Taste Great
Don't worry about the look of your cinnamon rolls. You are not going into the profession of baking. As long as they are cooked, not burnt or undercooked, then trust me they will taste absolutely wonderful. The kids will check the refrigerator to see if there are more biscuits. This will become a staple recipe since they are guaranteed to love it.
Another Variation But Just As Yummy!!
Easy Chai Recipe
Chai tea bag
Boil two chai tea bags with 1 cup of water and ¼ cup of sugar for 5 minutes. Add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon (optional). Turn off heat and add 1 cup of milk. Enjoy!!
Pair With A Warming Drink
Cinnamon rolls taste great alone, but paired with a savory drink is just heavenly. Not too mention on a cold wintery morning - warm the house with the oven and fill it with the aromas of cinnamon. Great drink to that go great with the cinnamon flavor of this gooey treat.
My favorite include:
- Pumpkin spice coffee
- Hot chocolate
- Chai tea latte
* Try dressing up hot chocolate with vanilla flavoring or throw in a cinnamon stick or add a dash of nutmeg. Oh don't forget the marshmallows or spray whip.
Other Recipes of Interest
- Gift Wrap Something Sweet For The Holidays- Easy 10 Minute Chocolate Candy And Dessert Recipes
Easy Microwaveable Chocolate Candy and Dessert Recipes Easy Candy Recipes Need a great, unique gift for the holidays? These easy and mouth watering recipes are sure to please and make the perfect gift for giving during the holiday season! These easy
- Low Calorie Dessert Recipes - Low Fat Dessert Recipes
Looking for some delicious low calorie dessert recipes that are quick and easy to prepare? Here are some of my favorite low fat dessert recipes that I indulge in on a frequent basis. Add them to your...
- Easy and Quick Dessert Recipes for Homemade Desserts
Ultra easy and quick dessert recipes for Peanut Butter Fudge, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Lemon Pie, Fudge Pie. Who said decadent homemade desserts had to be difficult?!