- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Dirty Martini with Garlic Cheese Stuffed Olives
This is a great twist on a dirty martini with a surprise in the olives. This recipe was created one night when I happened to have these ingredients on hand and didn't feel like having the same old drink. It is now one of my favorite drinks with a nice smooth and savory taste. The garlic cheese seems to cut the harshness of the Vodka and olives and make the drink a nice smooth and warm cocktail.
- 4oz. Vodka (I use Kettle One and Grey Goose for a good Martini)
- Dash dry Vermouth
- 1oz. Olive Juice (if you are running low you can add water to the jar of olives and shake vigorously to create more juice for the drink.
- (1) wedge of Garlic Cheese Spread (I use Laughing Cow)
- (4) Olives
- Chill a martini glass by either keeping in the freezer or filling with ice and cold water and allowing to set for a few minutes. Dump the water and ice right before pouring the drink into the glass.
- Remove the pimento from (3) olives using a toothpick or a fork (eat the 4th olive for good luck)
- With a butter knife, take a small amount of the garlic cheese spread and fill the olives fully. Make sure there are not any air pockets because it will allow the cheese to fall out and float around in the drink.
- Arrange the three olives on a toothpick and set aside
- Mix Vodka, Dry Vermouth and olive juice in a shaker with ice and gently swirl in a figure 8 motion for only a few seconds. Pour into martini glass. You do not have to chill your martini, this is my personal choice.
- Put the toothpick with the three stuffed olives gently down the side of the glass into the cocktail.
- Enjoy! Make sure you save the olives for last after they have soaked up the drink, it is the best part!
For another great twist on a cocktail / martini check this out: