Easy and Yummy Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Frosting Creations Cupcakes
One of my favorite all time things to do is bake usually try to do more from scratch, but believe it or not I was pressed on time this weekend and needed a quick fix to bring to a family block party for all the kids in our family. I was grocery shopping and was in the baking aisle when I found that Duncan Hines was on sale this weekend. So my first thought was cupcakes, because most kids (my two included) love cupcakes. If I do a store brand, I usually do Pillsbury Funfetti, but looking at the Duncan Hines Brand found something called frosting creations.
Frosting Creations are apparently a fairly new product from Duncan Hines and with Frosting Creations, you get a can of plain frosting and can choose from a variety of flavorings to add to it to make flavors that are much more distinctive than those you’ll usually find in the baking aisle. I have food colored my frosting in the past to get a desired color and even flavored them too to the desired taste, but this little packet was to do all this for me. I decided on trying Cotton Candy, because let's face it what kid doesn't like cotton candy, plus the cotton candy was a fun blue color to boot.
Well, lo and behold, I made these cupcakes and they weren't homemade, but let me tell you they were still a hit with kids and adults too. By the way, I added Wilton Sprinkles in hot pink, purple and white too!! I was told they were fun and tasty too!! So if you want a quick, inexpensive and tasty treat and don't have time to go all out baking, look no further, because they cupcakes should be able to do the trick nicely.
- 1 Package Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 1/3 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Can Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter
- 1 Packet Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Cotton Candy Flavor Mix
- Wilton Sprinkles, Hot Pink and Purple Sugar Sprinkle and White Sprinkles too.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Places cupcake liner in the cupcake pan slots of your cupcake tray (I used Hello Kitty from AC Moore--local craft store).
- Prepare the cake batter as directed on the box.
- To get 24 cupcakes, pour the cupcake batter in cupcake liners until a little over 1/2 full (2/3 is too much).
- Bake 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool for about 3o minutes before removing them from the pans.
- While cooling, mix the frosting packet into the frosting container as directed on the container. Stir until evenly blended.
- Frost the cupcakes you just cooled with the Cotton Candy frosted you just mixed.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
Please Read My Other Dessert Articles:
- Strawberry Cream Freeze Waffle Cones
This is a summertime favorite recipe that I have masters for my family. It is called a Strawberry Cream Freeze in Waffle Cones.
- Chocolate Covered Smores on a Stick Recipe--A Summer Time Classic
This is a summertime recipe that I have perfected over the course of a few years. It is a recipe for chocolate covered smores.