- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy And Delicious Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: Serves 4
This alfredo is so tasty, and it really doesn't take a lot to bring it together.
I promise you, if you make this once, it will become a 'must have' recipe for all those who taste it.
- 2 Medium Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1 Punnet Cherry Tomatoes, (or 1 Cup Sundried)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 cups Cream
- Cajun Spice
- 1.5 Cups Mixed Italian Cheese, i.e. Parmesan, Fontina
Putting It All Together
- Warm the oven to 320 degrees F
- Take each chicken breast and flatten with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Put your chicken between two pieces of cling film or baking paper to protect.
- Set the chicken breasts on a plate and sprinkle generously on each side with the cajun spice. Rub and pat the spice to get it right into the chicken.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Put the chicken in the pan and cook on one side until the chicken is brown/dark brown. Turn the chicken over and do the same on the other side. The chicken should be seared on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put it into the oven in a baking paper lined dish. Leave it in the oven until the rest of the dish is prepared.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and put on high heat to boil. Add the fettuccine when it boils and cook until al dente while you prepare the alfredo cream sauce.
- Now add the chicken stock to the frying pan you used to cook the chicken and stir it around for 2-3 minutes to deglaze the pan.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook gently until soft and slightly caramalized.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add in the cream and the salt.
- Simmer the cream mixture until it starts to reduce. Simmer for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheese blend, stirring it into the cream mixture until th cheese has completely melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and slice in thin strips
- Strain the fettuccine over a colander and then put it back into the saucepan.
- Add the chicken and then pour the alfredo sauce over the fettuccine and chicken.
- Turn the pasta over to coat it all in the sauce.
Serve with a salad and fresh Italian bread to make this recipe go a bit further, or just to really add to the experience.