Easy Avocado Salad Recipe: Healthy and Delicious
Avocado Salad Recipe
I’ve been on the avocado bandwagon for a while. That’s a good thing because they now have a reputation as being one of the world’s healthiest foods. They can lower your cholesterol and help your body absorb other nutrients. They ease arthritis inflammation and reduce your risk of certain cancers, But as tasty as they are, avocados just aren’t a fruit (Yes, they’re not veggies) made to eat alone like apples and oranges.
I top off nachos with them and I make guacamole dip. I decided an avocado salad would be the next best way to eat them. I’m just not ready to try them in a pudding with chocolate. Maybe later.
So I researched some recipes and came up with my own version. It’s super healthy, made from fresh ingredients full of nutrition. You don’t need any mayo or salad dressing. The creaminess of the avocados eliminates the need.
I made it for a Father’s Day cookout, so my recipe makes 12 servings. Cut it in half for a smaller crowd.
- Avocados, in addition to healthy fats, are a source of B-vitamins, and vitamins K & C.
- Cukes are loaded with B-vitamins. Plus they are full of water and fiber, helping to flush out toxins.
- Green peppers are a source of vitamin A, which helps your eyesight and vitamin K. helping your blood clot when you cut yourself with a kitchen knife. And they also have some of that famous antioxidant, vitamin C, boosting your immune system.
- Onions have B-vitamins and manganese.
- Cilantro is a healthy spice, high in several antioxidants that fight disease.
- 2 sweet onions(Vidalia or walla walla)
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 large cucumbers
- sea salt and ground peppercorns, to taste
- Cut the cucumbers into cubes on the large side and place in a bowl
- Dice (not too finely) the onions and add them.
- Slice the green bell peppers into 1-inch curly strips
- Carefully peel and slice the avocados. Think peach slices
- Toss and sprinkle with sea salt and ground black pepper