- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Easy Beef Stew with Beer
I love stews. Stews in the Fall/Winter season are even better because of the comfort it provides. In addition to that, it makes your home smell so delicious as it simmers away that you just want to dig in to it right away even when it is not done cooking!
After making this stew I realised how much I love beef and its tender texture, especially when it has been simmering in the liquids for a good amount of time.
- 2 lbs Beef, cut into cubes
- 1 can Dark Beer, e.g: Guinness, Waterloo etc.
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 Medium-Sized Carrots, cut into slices
- 4 Medium-Sized Potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Black Pepper
- Oregano, dried or fresh
- Turn on a pot to medium heat. Add oil (should cover bottom of pot) and garlic. In a separate bowl, combine the beef, flour, and a few pinches of black pepper. Once the pot has heated up, add the beef to the pot until browned/cooked-through (i.e: red juices or pink from beef should no longer appear).
- Add potatoes and carrots to the pot and continue to mix around.
- Pour entire can of beer into the pot. Add a few dashes of paprika and oregano to the pot. Add about 5 squirts of ketchup to the pot.
- Turn down the heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 45 minutes. Turn off heat, and serve over a bed of rice, quinoa, or bread and enjoy!