Squash Blossoms Omelet Plus Pan Fried Steak Recipe
Easy Healthy Squash Blossoms Omelet Recipe
More Easy,Healthy Recipes to enjoy
And a fun Frugal Night out, in your own backyard, with your fire-pit and family ,cooking on the fire with pie iron recipes.
Free Easy Healthy Fast Delicious and Cheap Recipes that will amaze your friends and family.
Battered Squash Blossoms Omelet
Not Good Gardening This Year?
It was one hundred degrees in the shade this summer and gardens didn't quite have the bounty, they normally have. Some vegetables, I did score, were green tomatoes and squash blossoms. Believe it or not these make a very tasty breakfast omelet.
The other alternative to a poor garden bounty is, head to the supermarkets for their sales bins of vegetables with black spots and bruises. This time of year it should be overstocked with colored peppers, grape tomatoes, tomatoes, and other various squashes and potatoes.
This produce can be sliced, diced and frozen in empty bread bags. Suzzycue re-uses bread bags to freeze vegetables in because if the bags will keep the bread fresh, bread bags should also keep the frost out.
How To Cook Battered Squash Blossoms.
- 4 squash blossoms, shallow fried
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 4 green cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 slices of your favoutire cheese. I used old fort yellow cheese, grated
How To Cook Fried Squash Blossom Omelet
- After you pick your squash blossoms open them up to make sure there are no critters buzzing inside.
- Crack and mix 2 eggs in a bowl and put corm meal in other bowl.
- Then dip blossoms in egg first -then cornmeal and into the frying pan until brown on both sides. If you have a deep fryer please use it.
- Also slice the green tomatoes and repeat step #3.
- Beat remaining two eggs and pour into another frying pan to make omelet- when it has solidified put grated cheese on half and two squash blossoms and two fried green tomatoes inside and flip side over to cover them all. Cover with lid and wait one minute to reheat it all the way threw.
- Grate cheese on top .Decorate you breakfast plate with remaining peices of fried squash and fried green tomatoes.
Squash Blossoms Omelet
|Serving size: 2 egg omelet with cheese|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Unsaturated fat 2 g|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 3 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Fried Squash Blossoms
How many of you have tried eating squash blossoms?
Fried Steak with Roasted Red Peppers and Roasted Grape Tomatoes
Take your Cross-rib roast you bought for ten dollars and cut it into six equal portions of one inch thick slices. You put the slices one at a time into to a plastic zip-lock bag, with water and cayenne pepper. Then freeze and as they thaw out they tenderize themselves.
My secret to tenderizing meat is one tablespoon of cayenne pepper with one cup of water in a glass vinegar bottle. When you buy cheaper cuts of meat that are tough, you sprinkle this on the meat and set aside for an hour before cooking like a marinate. You will not taste or feel the heat from the cayenne. This works so well Suzzycue does it all the time.
Take one package of grape tomatoes and one big red pepper and slice up into similar size pieces. Sprinkle them with extra virgin olive oil about two tablespoons and put a sprig of rosemary on top before putting into a 350 degree oven until they get brown or soft on top.
This caramelizes the vegetables and doubles the flavours as well.
Then Suzzycue fries her steak in a cast iron frypan( missing her BBQ very much) for three minutes on each side. This will cook your steak to medium rare which is her favourite.
Pour the tomatoes and peppers over the steak and cover for five minutes so they stay warm and juices go back into the steak to keep it tender.
Plate it up and Bon-a-petit!
To Buy Or Not to Buy?
Do you look over your shoulder before buying the reduced vegetables at your supermarket?
Diy Pie Iron Recipes
- Campfire Cooking with Pie Irons DIY Quick Easy Heal...
When you get together with family and friends,it is the food that brings out the fun for the event. When you can involve the whole family, even the children in the cooking of these easy healthy recipes for pie irons , then see how fun the evening get
Spinach Pesto Pasta
- Spinach Pesto Pasta Quick Easy Healthy Recipe DIY Infusing Olive Oil
Spinach Pesto Pasta is an easy healthy recipe. Spinach is low in calories and very high in vitamins and minerals. It is an excellent choice for making pesto. Spinach pesto will not brown in the freezer like basil pesto does. You can make blenders of
- Crab Spinach Pasta in a Garlic Buttery Sauce Quick Easy Healthy Recipe.
Just because we are short on money doesn't mean we have to be short on the heath benefits and flavor of our foods. Crab Spinach Pasta in a Garlic Buttery Sauce is an easy, healthy family recipe. Eating fish gives our bodies the fish oils we need to k