Easy Large Breakfast Solutions
The Breakfast Dilema
A satisfying breakfast can be one of the most stressful meals to provide when you have a large family or company visiting from out of town.
Before now, the options were:
- Open a box of doughnuts from the local grocery store
- Offer a variety of cold cereals
- Spend the entire morning standing over the stove making different kinds of eggs for everyone and getting splattered with bacon grease
Those days are over!
These two incredibly easy breakfast recipes will have everyone raving about the taste and allow the chef the freedom to actually sit at the breakfast table and eat with the family.
The baked breakfast recipes are wonderful any day of the week but they really come in handy during the holidays. No one wants to be chained to the kitchen when there are other family activities to enjoy.
Easier Breakfast Solutions When Serving a Group
Easy Breakfast Bake
This delicious breakfast dish will impress 10-12 people with little effort.
The ground sausage can be browned the night before and stored in the refrigerator to reduce the stress in the morning.
It only takes a few minutes to throw the ingredients together while the oven is heating up, and enjoy your morning coffee while it bakes.
Easy Breakfast Bake Ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground turkey sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups frozen hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
Easy Breakfast Bake Directions:
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9x11 baking pan
- Combine the ground turkey sausage and diced onion in a medium skillet over medium heat
- Cook until sausage is fully browned and crumbled
- Transfer sausage mixture to greased baking pan
- Add the frozen hash browns and 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheese
- In a separate bowl, combine pancake mix, milk and eggs and stir until blended
- Pour pancake mixture into baking pan and gently stir all ingredients together
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, sprinkle remaining cheese on the top and bake for an additional 5 minutes
Allow the breakfast bake to cool for 15 minutes on wire rack before serving
No Crust Quiche
The word quiche doesn’t always get everyone running to the breakfast table but this recipe will change all that!
Traditional quiche is baked with a pastry crust. This recipe omits the crust so it takes less time to prepare and there are less calories and carbohydrates.
No Crust Quiche Ingredients:
- 8 slices bacon, cooked well and crumbled
- ½ cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or pancake mix
- 1¼ cups milk
- ¼ cup mushrooms or lightly steamed broccoli (optional)
No Crust Quiche Directions:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan
- Line the bottom of pie plate with the cheese and crumbled bacon
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, onion, flour and milk
- whisk together until smooth and add mushrooms or broccoli
- Pour mixture over the bacon and cheese in the pie pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until set
*Add an additional 6-7 minutes to the cooking time if using a glass pie pan
Serve hot or cold.
Vegetarian or Gluten Free
These breakfast recipes are wonderfully versatile.
They can be easily transformed into a vegetarian delight by leaving out the bacon or sausage and adding vegetables or peppers to spice things up.
Both of these delicious breakfast choices can become your gluten free favorites as well.
Simply substitute the all-purpose flour and pancake mix with the gluten free versions found at most health food stores and some grocery stores.
- Recipes for Quick Breads
These breads make a wonderful breakfast served warm with a little butter on top or as-is for a great snack on the go. Quick breads make great gifts for neighbors, party host and hostess, co-workers, teachers, bus drivers and friends. This old fashion
- Healthy Breakfast for Kids
Why Breakfast is Important Breakfast is the meal that determines how the body will perform for the rest of the day. This is the meal that can jump start the metabolism and wake up the brain. When kids start the day with protein and complex carbohydra