Easy (But Not Instant) Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Make preparing that perfect dinner a little simpler with this easy (but not instant) mashed potatoes recipe. But don't stop at the potatoes, check out some of the other recipes on this page, and you can put together an incredible meal in no time with little effort. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs Yukon gold or russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 2/3 tsp salt
- additional margarine or butter (optional)
- additional salt (optional)
- black pepper (optional)
- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and salt to the boiling water, and cook for about 25 minutes (or until the potatoes are tender). Drain.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher, or beat them with an electric mixer set to low speed.
- Add the margarine or butter.
- If desired, season the potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gradually mix in enough milk to make your mashed potatoes nice and fluffy.
- If desired, serve your mashed potatoes with additional margarine or butter.
|Serving size: 1 cup of mashed potatoes|
|Calories from Fat||81|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 8 g|
|Carbohydrates 30 g||10%|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Easy Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
1 16 oz. package of frozen whole kernel corn 1 large sweet pepper; chopped 1/2 can of condensed cream of celery soup (approximately 5 1/2 oz.) 4 oz. cream cheese spread with garden vegetables, or...
- Easy Brown Sugar-Glazed Baby Carrots Recipe
2 pounds baby carrots; peeled 2 tablespoons of brown sugar 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter A few dashes of salt black pepper; to taste In a large saucepan, bring enough salted water to a...