Easy Holiday Shortbread Cookies | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Easy Shortbread Cookies
Shortbread cookies are very simple and easy to make, there are only three basic ingredients and just a little elbow grease required to make some really good eatin’.
Here is a recipe from “The Cupboard Drawer” given to my Mom Dorothy by Mrs Marge Punter, a long time friend. It is great for making Christmas Cookies with cutters and you can use cookie frostings to do the artwork along with the Sugar Sprinkles. Make some of these for your troopies, friends, or relatives and send them priority mail, as they travel well when wrapped and boxed. Do enjoy….
½ Lb Butter (2 Sticks) Softened
½ Cup Confectioners Sugar
2 Cup All Purpose Flour, Sifted
Colored Sprinkles or Frostings to taste
Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the Butter, beat in the Sugar, then add the Flour and mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 min.
- Use a small amount (less than a palm full of Flour and prep a smooth flat surface by spreading the flour on the surface and on the rolling pin.
- Roll out the dough on the flat surface to ¼ - ½ inch thickness; cut into shapes with cutters of your choice,
- Add Sprinkles to taste, (if your using frostings wait until after baking.
- Bake in preheated 375 oven for 5 mins, reduce heat to 350 and bake for 30 mins or until just starting to turn light brown.
- Remove and cool 30 mins before decorating w frosting.
Yield 24 – 36 cookies