Easy Meaty Puff Pastry
A really quick and easy alternative to pizza, this meat lovers puff pastry looks and tastes great. Your dinner guests will think you have slaved away in the kitchen for hours on end, but it will be our little secret that it only took 25 minutes. The best thing about this recipe is that you can add just about anything to give your meal a real twist.
- 1 sheet puff past, ready rolled
- 2 tbs tomatoe puree
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 peparoni, slices
- 6 salimi, slices
- 6 chorizo, slices
- cheddar cheese, greated
- mozorella, greated
- 1 egg, beaten
Was this recipe easy to follow?
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan assisted oven) Gas 7.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with grease proof paper.
- Un-roll the puff pastry sheet onto the tray.
- using a table spoon, spread the tomatoe puree evenly onto the pastry, leaving 1-2 cm around the edge of the pastry clear to allow the pastry to rise.
- Imagining the pasty cut into 6 even sections, add the sliced tomatoes, peparoni, salami, and chorizo so each portion has a fair share.
- Sprinkle the greated cheddar and mozorella cheese over the pastry, still allowing the 1-2cm edge to stay clear.
- Brush the beaten egg over the 1-2cm edge of the pastry.
- Pop into the oven and bake for aprox 15 mins or until the pastry has risen and is golden brown in colour and all the cheese has melted, yum yum!
- Slice into the six sections you imagined and serve with your favourt sides.