- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy Meaty Puff Pastry Recipe
A really quick and easy alternative to pizza, this meat lovers puff pastry looks and tastes great. Your dinner guests will think you have slaved away in the kitchen for hours on end, but it will be our little secret that it only took 25 minutes. The best thing about this recipe is that you can add just about anything to give your meal a real twist.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, ready rolled
- 2 tbs tomato purée
- 2 tomatos, sliced
- 6 pepperoni, slices
- 6 salami, slices
- 6 chorizo, slices
- cheddar cheese, grated
- mozzarella, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
Was this recipe easy to follow?
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan assisted oven) Gas 7.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with grease proof paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet onto the tray.
- Using a table spoon, spread the tomato purée evenly over the pastry, leave a 1-2 cm border around the edge of the pastry to allow the pastry to rise.
- Imagining the pasty cut into 6 even sections, add the sliced tomatoes, pepperoni, salami, and chorizo so each portion has a fair share.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese over the pastry, still allowing the 1-2cm edge to stay clear.
- Brush the beaten egg over the 1-2cm edge of the pastry.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for approx 15 minutes or until the pastry has risen and is golden brown in color and all of the cheese has melted, yum yum!
- Slice into the six sections you imagined and serve with your favorite sides.