Easy To Make Caramel Apple Muffins
These easy to make caramel apple muffins will impress your friends and family. Only you will know the secret of how quick and easy it really is! A few simple ingredients work together to make an amazing presentation with a great taste and fall flavors!
- 2 packages apple muffin mix
- 1 cup milk
- 12 count pretzel dipping sticks
- 24 pieces caramels, unwrapped
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix Apple Cinnamon Muffins according to the package directions. Empty package mix into mixing bowl. Add milk and mix thoroughly until lumps are gone. Batter will be thick and sticky.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray to keep muffins from sticking. Fill each cup 2/3 full with batter. Nice full muffin cups will make well rounded muffins which will look like apples! Bake 14-17 minutes or until golden brown on tops. Set out to cool.
- Place muffins on a plate to cool. Be sure to leave space between each muffin. A plate works better than foil or waxed paper while drizzling on the caramel as the caramel is sticky when picking up muffins to serve. Leaving space between will let them cool faster and will give room for you to drizzle the caramel and pick it up neatly afterward Set them aside for now..
- In a glass measuring cup, put 1 Tablespoon of water and 24 unwrapped caramels which is about 2 per muffin. Place the bowl into microwave. Microwave on medium for one minute. Stir until smooth. If the caramels are not completely melted, then microwave a 15 seconds longer at a time. Be careful not to burn the caramel. Once it begins to bubble, you will be able to smooth it out with stirring. If the caramels are too thick, add 1/2 teaspoon of warm water a dribble at a time. Stir well until completely smooth, then carefully drizzle on top of the muffins. Be somewhat quick, as the caramel will become solid as it cools. Make sure to allow to caramel to cool completely before serving. Microwaved sugar will BURN your mouth when hot!
- Place a pretzel dipping stick into each muffin for a "stem". Place each into a paper muffin cup, allow to cool completely and SERVE!!
- See below for additional serving suggestions!
Simple Serving Variations
The simple way of serving these muffins and their wonderful flavor will quickly earn them a spot on your list of favorites! Give them a try! One variation would be to crumble peanuts and sprinkle on the tops of the muffins. Be careful of allergies if you are serving them to strangers! Another might be to crumble up some pretzel sticks and sprinkle on the tops. The salty taste blended with the sweet is a tickle to your tastebuds! Enjoy!