- Food and Cooking
Easy Tortilla Pizza
Quick and Easy Tortilla Pizza
Easy Tortilla Pizza Recipe
This was a great test recipe. As you can hopefully see from the picture, this isn't a recipe to use mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce on a tortilla! Instead, this recipe calls for a few ingredients used in Mexican recipes, such as fresh tomatoes, lime, and shredded Mexican-style cheeses, as well as a few ingredients used in Italian recipes, such as red onion and garlic.
I typically make meals for one person, because my son is a very picky eater! This is a perfect meal for one person, and the nice thing is that you can use the tomato mixture later for salsa (just add some cilantro and jalapeno) or add it to a chicken tortilla soup.
2 vine-ripened organic tomatoes. Remove the inner flesh and seeds and liquid. Cut into large pieces.
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 clove of garlic, cut into large chunks
Approximately 1 tbsp chopped red onion
Couple dashes of sea salt
Pepper to taste
1/3-1/2 cup Mexican-style shredded cheeses
1 flour tortilla
Pat of butter or margarine
1. Combine tomato, lime juice, garlic, red onion, salt, and pepper in a mini food processor. Chop until the consistency is like salsa.
2. Melt a pat of butter over med or medium-high heat in a saute pan.
3. Add the tortilla to the pan. Once it begins to bubble, turn it over.
4. Spread a couple of tablespoons of the tomato-garlic mixture on the tortilla. Add more as desired.
5. Top the tomato-garlic mixture with shredded cheese.
6. Cover the tortilla pizza with a plate or small pan cover until the cheese is just about melted all over.
Cut into wedges and enjoy! Makes a great appetizer or meal for one person.
Optional Fun Additions and Changes
- Add shredded fajita-seasoned chicken or beef for a more filling meal
- Swap out red onion or green onion for a more Mexican-inspired dish
- Add jalapeno and cilantro to the tomato mixture to create a salsa
Tortilla and Pizza Hubs You Might Like
- Chicken Pizza Omelette Recipes
Pizza omelettes differ by having an egg rather than a bread base. These delicious and varied recipes focus on ideas for using up leftover quantities of roast or otherwise cooked chicken.
- Low Carb Pizza - Super Easy Recipe!
This is a super quick and easy low carb pizza recipe. Photos included!
- Mexican Tortilla Pizza
This is my favorite meal to make, it is easy and tasty. You can fix it as a meal or a snack for guest. The best thing about it is you can add to or change the ingredients to suit your family likes. In-fact if you are a vegetarian you can leave off...
- Tortilla Pizza Recipe with Nutritional Yeast Cheese ...
Tortilla pizza is a low-fat alternative to regular pizza. It is especially healthier if instead of regular cheese you use nutritional yeast cheese sauce instead. Nutritional yeast is one of the healthiest things you can eat and it tastes good on pizz
- You Say Tortilla, I Say Frittata: A Three-Country To...
Detailing the similarities and differences among French omelettes (omelet), Italian frittatas, and Spanish tortillas. With cooking techniques,recipes, full-color pictures, and more. Whether oeuf, uova, or huevo, always put your best egg forward!