Instant Easy Vegan Savoury Crepe Recipe: Wheat Dosa
Rate this Savoury Vegan Crepe
- 1 cup wholemeal wheat flour
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 green pepper/capsicum, finely chopped
- 150-200ml water, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- vegetable cooking oil
Tips for a Crispy and Tasty Crepe
Adding a few more ingredients can make the crepe crispier and tastier.
The Pan: The pan used can be made of iron or aluminium to get best results.
The most important point is for the pan to be hot but not too hot that it will burn the crepe. However if it is not hot enough the batter will not raise off the pan and will stick to it. Too much water will also make it stick to the pan. Some amount of practice is necessary before one can succeed in making these crepes.
It might be a good idea to use a non-stick pan.
A ¼ cup of rice flour will make the crepe crisp.
Another option is to add ½ a cup of coarse semolina can also make the crepe crispy.
- Batter: Add wheat flour and 150 ml water and mix in a bowl until smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the vegetables and coriander to the batter and stir until smooth.
- Add 50ml water and stir again until the batter is not too thick or too watery.
- Heat pan on high heat or flame.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil on the pan around the edges.
- Pour the batter from outside to the centre of the pan.
- Spread the batter evenly in a circular shape.
- Add oil on the edges of the crepe.
- Cook for some time and flip over to the other side.
- Pour 1 teaspoon oil on the crepe and on the edges.
- Flip over and pour 1 teaspoon oil on the crepe
- Flip over again so that the oil gets cooked.
- Fold into half and place on a plate
Other Options of Vegetables and Herbs
The simple wheat flour crepe can take on different flavours when you add other kinds of vegetables and herbs. Try out the following options and experiment to your heart's content:
Other vegetable options that can be used are finely chopped onions or cabbage. I even use brussel sprouts when they are available.
In place or with the fresh coriander one can use fenugreek leaves, mint leaves or curry leaves. Each of these herbs will give it a different flavour.
- When fresh herbs are not available I use dry herbs but first pour boiling water over the herb to make it soft before mixing in the batter.
Those who like a bit of chilli can add green chillies that are finely chopped, seeds and all.
Hot mango or lemon pickle would go well with this savoury vegetable crepe.
Whole Wheat Flour
|Serving size: 1 crepe|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Natural Benefits of Wheat and Wheat Grass
Wheat is one of the most commonly used cereals throughout the world. It is a good source of energy and is good for maintaining a healthy body. It is something we take for granted and we are not usually aware that it has healing properties as well. Of course, it is best when it is used as whole wheat rather than in its refined form.
Some of the health benefits of wheat are:
Starch and gluten in wheat provides heat and energy for the body.
The inner bran coat provides phosphates and other mineral salts.
The outer bran provides much-needed roughage for easy elimination.
The wheat germ contains Vitamins B and E.
the protein in wheat helps to build and repair muscular tissue.
Wheat grass juice furnishes the body with vital nourishment, is a body cleanser and neutralizer of toxins.
Wheat grass juice contains nearly 70 percent of chlorophyll and is a rich source of vitamins A, B and C.
Wheat grass also contains minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulfur, cobalt and zinc.
Wheat and Chickpea Flour Savoury Crepe Variation
Other Vegan and Vegetarian Resources
- Easy Pink Lentil Vegetable Soup Recipe
Pink Lentil Soup with Vegetables and Wakame, a sea vegetable is not only healthy but a delicious and wholesome meal. It is very easy to prepare and make within an hour and any combination of vegetables can be used.
- Vegan Recipe Guide
We have to be mindful that we are feeding our bodies with the foods that are best for its sustenance and well-being. This Vegan Recipe Guide is for meat/fish eaters, people who would like to change to a healthier diet to prevent diseases like cancer,
- Becoming a Vegan
The first thing any concerned person can do is to become a vegetarian and then go one step further and become a vegan. The decision to become a vegan has a two-fold purpose: firstly, the Earth's well-being and secondly, personal well-being. Learn mor
- Easy Vegan Buckwheat Pancake Recipe
This is a recipe for Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes. Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes are a healthy breakfast option. In this recipe bananas are being substituted for eggs and water is used instead of milk. To make it creamier you can use soy milk instead of water