Easy Vegan Taco Soup Recipe
All you need for this quick and easy soup are the following:
- 1/2 onion (I use yellow)
- 1 TBS oil
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can vegan chili beans (or extra can of kidney or pinto beans)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 TBS taco seasoning (I use McCormick)
- 1 C frozen corn
- Salt (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
- Corn Chips (optional)
- Chop the onion. In a frying pan, heat 1 TBS of oil. Add onions and cook until tender.
- In a large pot, combine onions, all types of beans, tomato sauce, corn, taco seasoning and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Cook for 15 minutes on low-medium heat or until heated thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
Crock Pot Alternative Cooking Instructions
- Chop the onion. Place all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Turn crock pot on in the morning, and food is ready when you get home from work!
Here are some simple ways to serve the vegan chili:
- Spoon into a bowl and eat!
- Spoon into a bowl, serve with chips on the side. Crumble chips into soup and eat, or scoop chili with chips and eat.
- Grate cheese (vegan cheese if vegan) over the top before serving.
If you make this kind of thing often, it may be more cost-effective to buy the canned ingredients and seasoning at Costco or Sam's in bulk. (We buy our beans and seasoning, including salt and pepper at Costco).