Easy and Quick Sweet (Ish) English Scones
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 25 min
- 60g butter
- 40g sugar
- 225ml milk
- 340g self-raising flour
- 2 pinches salt
- Rub the (hopefully softened) butter into the flour and salt, and then add the sugar.
- Next, pour in the milk and make into a thick dough.
- Turn this out onto a floured board or work surface and knead, and then roll it out to a thickness of around 2cm.
- Cut out your shapes in the dough, and put on a lightly greased baking tray. Brush the tops with a little milk using a pastry brush.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until the scones are golden on top. Serve with your desired toppings.