- Food and Cooking
Easy 4th of July Dessert
Often during the hot Summer months there is a get-together or a party of some sort and everyone usually has to end up bringing a dish or dessert. I like to cook but I do not like to cook in the hot Summer months. Even with with the air conditioning going I still hate to turn on the oven. Here is an easy and Patriotic dessert that you can use not only for the 4th of July but for Memorial Day and Labor Day too! You can also do this with your kids as this is an easy dessert to make.
- 1 box of mini ice cream sandwiches
- 1 small square foil pan
- 1 bottle of red sprinkles
- 1 bottle of white sprinkles
- 1 bottle of blue sprinkles
- 1 package of popsicle sticks
- 1 cookie sheet
- wax Paper
- plastic wrap
- In a small bowl pour all your red, white, and blue sprinkles in and mix with a spoon until they are all mixed evenly.
- Pour the sprinkles in your foil pan. Open your mini ice cream sandwiches one by one and with the ice cream side facing down, gently press the ice cream sandwich into the sprinkles coating each open ice cream side with the sprinkles. Place on a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Repeat step 2 with all your mini ice cream sandwiches. After you have finished dipping all your ice cream sandwiches, take one popsicle stick and one mini ice cream sandwich and insert the popsicle stick into the bottom of the ice cream sandwich about half way through and place back on the cookie sheet. Repeat the popsicle stick process with all of you ice cream sandwiches. Place clear plastic wrap over your foil pan and sit in the freezer until serving time!
- *optional- when serving you can add a cupcake liner under the ice cream to prevent leaking while eating.
This is just one example of dessert you can make with mini ice cream sandwiches. You can also try it with birthday parties, or color themed parties. And sometimes instead of using mini ice cream sandwiches, try using cookies with ice cream in the middle and just roll the edges of the ice cream cookie in your favorite color sprinkles. It doesn't get easier than this!
10 Ideas for Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches with Sprinkles
- Graduation party (use school colors for sprinkles)
- Birthday party (use themed color for sprinkles)
- Tailgate party (use team colors for sprinkles)
- Church picnics
- Little League party (use team colors for sprinkles)
- School parties
- Office gatherings
- Bake sales (After you've baked your cookies, serve with ice cream and roll in sprinkles before giving to customer)
- House Warming