Easy Breakfast Recipe: How to Make Homemade Bread
How does it feel to wake up in the morning with the smell of some freshly baked bread lingering inside your home?
Great! Isn’t it? There’s just something with it that makes you quickly jump out from your bed and head straight right into the kitchen. And yes, there’s the lovely sight of the oven filled with newly poofed-out, freshly baked homemade bread!
So to those who haven’t (yet) experienced this wonderful feeling, then why not pay a short visit to your kitchen right now and try making this basic homemade bread recipe? It's so easy to make that even anyone who haven't ever tried to bake before can do this - just by simply following the recipe below. So why not try making your own homemade bread - even without the help of a bread machine?
Have yourself some freshly baked homemade bread at breakfast, during tea time or at anytime! Here’s how to make your own homemade bread:
- 6 cups bread flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, salt, sugar and yeast and beat at low speed. Add water and butter and while beating. Continue beating at high speed for about 2-3 minutes until well blended.
- Add ½ cup of flour and continue beating for another 3-4 minutes. Add a few more cups of flour just enough to make a soft dough.
- Sprinkle flour to a flat surface or kneading table. Blend and knead the mixture until dough starts to become elastic and smooth. Continue adding flour as needed.
- After kneading, place dough in a large buttered bowl. Butter dough from top to bottom and cover the bowl with a clean towel. Place in a dry warm place and let rise for about an hour.
- Punch down and knead for a few minutes until smooth. Cut dough in half and place it back in the mixing bowl covered with towel. Let stand for another 15 minutes or longer.
- Roll each half of the dough into a 12x9-inch baking tray or cookie sheet. From the edge, roll up while turning ends under to make the loaves to fit the pan.
- Place each roll with seam side down in a lightly greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Brush the top of the loaves with water and sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
- Cover each pan with towel and let rise again for about an hour. Bake loaves in oven temperature of 400° for about 30 minutes or until the loaves will sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove from pans and let cool on top of a wire rack to prevent bread from getting soggy. Brush the loaves with butter on top.
Makes 2 loaves of bread.
- To make a dough, you may use either an electric dough mixer or just by your hand.
- Score the loaves 2-3 times diagonally on top just before baking to make a crustier top.
- Depending on your preference, you may or may not need to sprinkle sesame seeds on the loaf before baking. It is just added as optional.
You Might Also Like:
- Practical Baking & Food Storing Tips: How to Store Dough
Store your left over dough for later use! Think for a while, you're hungry but you want to bake your own bread or pizza, but you don't have enough time to make a dough, isn't that so frustrating? ...
- Practical Baking Tips - How to Make Your Own Homemade Bread
Why not try making your own bread at home? Baking your own homemade bread may not always seem as easy as it sounds, but if you'll try to know and learn the basic methods in bread baking, it will be more...
- How to Store and Serve Cheese at Home - Tips on Keeping Your Cheese Fresh and Mold-Free
This article will give you some helpful advice and tips in storing and serving your cheese at home. I always love cheese. From white to blue, hard or soft cheeses I just simply love the taste of...
- Peynirli Pogaca - A Turkish Puff Pastry Filled With Cheese
Poaca, one of the many puff pastries I love to eat for breakfast or as a tea-time snack is a type of dough-based salty puff pastry which has so many diffrerent varieties in terms of filling. Peynirli...
- How to Make Kiymali Borek - A Recipe for Turkish Phyllo Pastry With Minced Meat Filling
Brek is a well-loved phyllo pastry in the Turkish cuisine that has over fifty different varieties. It is usually eaten hot during breakfast or as an afternoon tea time snack. One of the many...
- Easy & Healthy Recipe: How to Make Homemade Thin-Crust Pizza
"Healthy Thin-Crust Pizza"Who doesn't love pizza? I guess everyone loves pizza... and I love pizza, too! It's just probably the most convenient and healthy fast food that can easily satisfy a persons...