How to Make the Best Thin Crust Pizza - Easy & Healthy Homemade Pizza Recipe
Who doesn’t love pizza?
I guess everyone loves pizza... and I love pizza, too! It's just probably the most convenient and healthy fast food that can easily satisfy a person’s hunger and appetite!
What I love the most about pizza is that you can eat a variety of healthy foods as toppings in one single disc of a freshly oven-baked bread. And the good news here is that you can always make your own healthy homemade thin crust pizza anytime you like. You don't need to always call your nearby local pizza house and have them deliver your favorite thin-crust pizza on your door. Believe me, you can spend almost double for its price than when you prepare your own pizzza at home.
By just following the basic dough recipe provided below, you can make the best homemade thin-crust pizza loaded with all your favorite healthy and oh-so-yummy toppings!
To make your very own thin-crust pizza dough, just follow the simple and easy steps on this homemade pizza recipe below.
For the dough:
- 3 cups whole wheat bread flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- mushrooms, thinly sliced
- tomatoes, diced
- kaşar cheese, thinly sliced
- white (feta) cheese, crumbled
- salami, finely chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Dissolve dry yeast in warm water. Set aside in room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread flour, sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in olive oil. Stir.
- As soon as it’s smooth enough to form like a ball, transfer it on a stable floured surface. Knead for about 3-5 minutes.
- In another large bowl, lightly brush oil in the bottom and sides of the bowl. Place the dough in the bowl, brush with oil, and cover with a clean damp towel or cloth.
- Let dough to rise in a warm place (room temperature) for about an hour.
- While waiting for the dough to rise, prepare your desired toppings.
- As soon as the dough starts to double in size, punch down the dough several times and knead.
- Let the dough to rise again for just about a few minutes.
- Divide the dough equally into four portions. Form each portion into a ball and knead on a lightly floured surface. Stretch and flatten the dough with the help of a rolling pin to make a thin crust.
- Form the dough into a flat disc shape that’s just enough to fit the size of your pizza pan. Put the shaped dough in the pan and spread tomato sauce and cheese all over on top.
- Load up your pizza with as many desired toppings as you like, it all depends on your taste.
- Put dough in a preheated oven and bake at 500° for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and the sides of the crust turns golden brown.
Now, your very own homemade pizza is done! Afiyet olsun!
You may also opt to make your pizza crust to be a little thick. Just top it with tomato sauce and mozarella or any hard cheese before tossing in your favorite selection of meats, salamis, seafood, cheeses, vegetables, herbs and spices. It all depends on your taste and culture.
You Might Also Like:
- How to Make Homemade Bread
How does it feel to wake up in the morning with the smell of some freshly baked bread lingering inside your home? Great! Isn't it? Theres just something with it that makes you quickly jump out...
- How to Make Kiymali Borek - A Recipe for Turkish Phyllo Pastry With Minced Meat Filling
Brek is a well-loved phyllo pastry in the Turkish cuisine that has over fifty different varieties. It is usually eaten hot during breakfast or as an afternoon tea time snack. One of the many...
- How to Make the Best Homemade Chocolate Pudding - Quick & Easy Dessert Recipe
Do you love chocolate pudding and want to make one that's quick and easy at home? If you do, then this delicious homemade chocolate pudding recipe is just right for you! With this simple, easy-to-make...
- How to Make Asure / Ashure (Noahs Ark Pudding) - With Facts & Significance to the Turkish Cultur
Turkish Asure topped with crushed walnuts, currants, lemon & fresh pomegranate. Sharing this traditional Turkish dessert called aure/ashure or Noah's Ark pudding to anyone regardless of race, culture, and...
- How to Make the Best Sekerpare - A Quick & Easy Turkish Dessert Recipe
Treat yourself with a simply delicious Turkish sweet! ekerpare is one of the many delectable and popular desserts in the Turkish cuisine. Mainly prepared by baking some soft balls of pastry dipped in...
- How to Make Ayran - A Healthy Turkish Yogurt Drink
If you have been to Turkey, you have probably observed most of the Turkish people drinking a bubbly, milky white beverage almost with every meal may it be breakfast, lunch, snacks or even dinner. Have...