- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Enjoy Multiple Meals with a Deli-Prepared Roast Chicken
If you're lucky enough to visit your favorite supermarket or deli when the day's roast chickens are being offered for sale at a reduced price, you will have stumbled upon a great way to enjoy multiple frugal meals that can be prepared in just a few minutes.
Buy several roast chickens whenever you find a great sale so that you can enjoy tasty lunches and dinners for the next few days! If you want to plan farther into the future, consider getting a few extras to de-bone and freeze for future meals.
10 Ways to Enjoying Deli-Prepared Roast Chicken
- Roast Chicken Dinner – Of course, a basic roast chicken dinner is the first meal you should enjoy with your bargain prepared chicken, especially if it's still hot when you get it home from the store. Simply serve pieces of chicken alongside your favorite side dishes for a tasty meal.
- Chicken Salad – Cut a portion of the chicken meat into small chunks and use in your favorite chicken salad recipe. Here's a chicken salad recipe hub that you may want to try. Simply substitute the chicken you have for the canned chicken called for in the instructions.
- Chicken Roll-Up – Make a roll-up sandwich with leftover chicken salad. Simply place a portion of chicken salad on a tortilla, add a little shredded lettuce, and roll. This makes a great lunch item to take to work or school as long as you have a place to keep it chilled until eating.
- Chicken Alfredo – Place chopped roasted chicken into a sauce pan and stir in a jar or package of prepared Alfredo sauce. Serve on its own or over your prepared fettuccini noodles or cooked spaghetti squash.
- Chicken Spaghetti – Instead of using prepared Alfredo sauce, stir a jar of prepared tomato-based marinara or spaghettis sauce into the chopped chicken and heat. Spice it up with additional Italian seasonings as desired. Serve over cooked spaghetti, angel hair pasta, or vermicelli.
- Chicken and Vegetable Casserole – Place leftover Chicken Alfredo sauce into a casserole dish. Stir in your favorite variety of cooked pasta and frozen vegetables (such as broccoli or a zuchinni/squash mixture). Bake in an oven that has been heated to 350 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Chicken Quesadillas – Shred a portion of the cooked chicken and heat in the microwave to use as a quesadilla filling. Visit the Create Your Own Quesadilla Recipes hub for cooking instructions and ideas for fillings to mix with the chicken.
- Chicken Taco Salad – Shred a portion of the chicken, sprinkle with taco seasoning mix and heat on the stove or in the microwave. Assemble a green salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and black olives. Add seasoned chicken to the top, sprinkle with Mexican seasoned cheese, and top off with salsa and sour cream.
- Chicken Tacos – Prepare meat the same way as for chicken taco salad. Place in a prepared taco shell and top with shredded cheese, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and salsa. Add black olives and sour cream if desired.
- Cold Chicken Sandwich – Cut the chicken into chunks and place on a hamburger bun, French bread, or Po Boy roll. Add your favorite toppings and condiments and enjoy. Consider adding sliced cheese, mayonnaise or Ranch dressing, mustard, lettuce, tomato, and/or sliced onions.
These are just a few of the many ways you can enjoy leftover meals made with roast chicken from a deli. What tips do you have? Share your suggestions in the comments section below!