- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
Curried Artichoke Soup
Exotic Artichoke Soup
Curried Artichoke Soup is so EASY to make!
The artichoke has so much to offer all on its own, but when you add in exotic ingredients to create a simple yet warm and silky soup, you have transformed the already delightful into something quite special and unique. This recipe is an easy to make artichoke soup that will only cost you the price of the ingredients and about 20 minutes of your valuable time. As simple to follow as a children's book, this Exotic Artichoke Curry Soup Recipe will dazzle your friends and family while bringing their taste buds to the full and up-right position! This soup is NOT to be missed. Here is all you have to do:
Exotic Foods for the Daring
How likely are you to try exotic foods from around the world?
Artichoke Soup Ingredients
How To Make Artichoke Curry Soup
For this recipe, be certain that the artichokes you use are packed in water only, as many are pickled and would NOT be tasty with the other ingredients. You can use fresh steamed artichokes, which brings with it the best flavor and texture for your soup, but it is much easier to use pre-packaged or frozen for this recipe. Using the pre-packaged chokes truly makes this soup recipe a simple and time saving task (besides, just think about all of the extra dishes you won't have to do!). Personally, I would choose frozen over the canned vegetables every time. The can itself, in some instances, may give the artichokes an "off-putting" flavor. Frozen vegetables are a much better product, as freezing does not affect the flavor to a great extent, and also retains a larger amount of the nutrients found in the food source.
- 3 TBL Olive Oil
- 1 TBL curry powder
- 1 Large yellow onion (sliced thinly into rings)
- 5 Cloves of Garlic (very thinly sliced)
- 2+ cups frozen or canned (water packed only) artichoke hearts, drained
- Dry chile flakes
- 2 thin slices of ginger root (minced very finely) If you don't have fresh ginger on hand, substitute 1½ - 2 tsp ground ginger.
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth (49½ ounces) Vegetarians can substitute vegetable broth, just add 2 tsp soy sauce to it.
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish (You can substitute mint if desired)
Let's Make Artichoke Soup
Putting the soup together
- In a heavy bottom skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, ginger, curry and sauté until the onions are translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Half or quarter the drained artichoke hearts, depending on their size, and add to the skillet.
- Add chile flakes to taste and heat artichoke's through and coat them well in the curry-flavored oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
Using a pot large enough, heat the chicken broth (or vegetable broth + soy sauce) until it comes to a simmer. In 4 to 6 separate serving bowls, scoop an equal amount of the artichoke mixture into each dish. Now ladle the hot broth over the mixture. Scatter a little of the chopped cilantro (or mint) on top and serve warm with thin bread sticks for a dramatic service appearance. Enjoy!
Where is the California Artichoke Festval Being Held?
The 2012 Artichoke Festival is held May 19Th and 20Th in Castroville, Monterey County, California. Call: (831) 633-2465 -or- Fax (831) 633-0485
Attend the Artichoke Festival in 2012
The California Artichoke Festival is held annually by The North Monterey County Chamber of Commerce. The next festival will be on May 19Th and 20Th, 2012.
Dates and Times:
- Saturday 10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
- Sunday 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. (award presentation at 4:30 P.M.)
Tickets on sale at the door:
- $10 for Adults
- $5 for Active Military Service Member's
- $5 for Seniors and Children (4-12)
- Free for Children under 3 are free
The festival is a blast! Games, cooking demo's, art's and Craft's, Musical Entertainment, and much more. Check out the site link below for further information!
For More Information Contact:
P.O. Box 1041, Castroville, California 95012
Call: (831) 633-2465 • Fax (831) 633-0485
Which will you choose, Frozen or Canned Vegetables
More Healthy Recipes to Choose From!
- Culinary Techniques For Soups: Making Stocks, Soups, Stews and Chowders
Find some very helpful techniques for making soups, stocks, and chowders. You will learn a great deal about soup making techniques that will last a lifetime.
- Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms - Best Hearty, Healthy, Full Flavored Easy Mushroom Recipe
NOT another bland vegetarian recipe. This Vegetarian Stuffed Mushroom Recipe is filling, full of flavor, and easy to make! It Eats like a yummy meal!
- Low-Fat, Healthy, Hearty Meatball Recipes
Healthy, hearty meatball recipes for every occasion: spaghetti, cocktail, spicy Mexican, and giant dinner meatballs
- Hale and Hearty Soup Recipes for Cold Winter Nights
Hale and hearty soups are the perfect choice for warming you and your family on a cold winter's night. Sometimes, however, you will be looking for fresh recipe ideas for your winter soups and that is precisely what this page was created to provide.