Fall Time Apple Salad
I love all the things that fall bring. I love the leaves changing colors. I love the weather - cool but not too cold. Most of all I love all the delicious treasures harvest has to offer -- pumpkins, squash, & apples to name a few. This salad is a delicious blend of fruity goodness, nuts, and creamy delightfulness. Give this salad a try as a side item or as a dessert. It is so yummy!
- 1 20 oz can pineapple, crushed
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 3 oz. pack lemon jello
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup apples, diced & unpeeled
- 1 cup nuts, chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup whipped topping
- In a saucepan combine pineapple and sugar and heat on high until it comes to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Add jello and stir until dissolved.
- Add cream cheese and stir until mixed well.
- Let the mixture cool. Add apples, nuts, celery, and whipped topping. Mix together well.
- Pour into a 9 inch pan and chill in the refrigerator until firm.