Filipino BBQ Pork Recipe
Does This Look Delicious?
Filipino Pork BBQ PicturesClick thumbnail to view full-size
BBQ Pork a Filipino Tradition
The following Filipino BBQ pork recipe is easy to put together and makes an amazing appetizer on a stick or served on rice with veggies as a full dinner meal. Pork Barbecue is a dish that most Filipinos enjoy and can be found at local restaurants and street food vendors.
It is very savory and a pleasure to eat with rice and fresh steamed vegetables. If you are planning a party or a summer BBQ with friends and family, don't forget to add pork barbeque to the list, it can easily feed a bunch of people at a reasonable price and be a special treat for your visitors and family members. Barbeque pork is great to eat while hanging out in the beach or going fishing, it can pack in a to go box very easily and be eaten for a wholesome snack / meal during a day outdoors.
List of Ingredients
Filipino BBQ Pork Recipe Ingredients:
5 lbs pork butt, sliced 1/8" - 1/4" slices
1 lemon Halved and Squeezed
2-4 tablespoons brown sugar
4-6 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
1/2 cup soy sauce
½ to 1 cup Tomato or banana ketchup
1-2 teaspoons salt (Hawaiian rock salt - light pinkish is a great option instead of traditional table salt it provides a better overall flavor)
1-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (Whole peppercorns are another great way to marinate the pork with instead of using ground pepper just toss in the whole peppercorn, it usually falls off during the grilling process or can be scrapped off if not desired before eating)
Feel free to use the ingredients and adjust the measurements according to your desired tastes. A little added Sriracha hot sauce is another ingredient that can be added to the marinade making for a little extra spice to the dish.
Filipino BBQ Pork Extra Spicy
Process of Making BBQ Pork
1. Cut the pork butt into 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and put the cut pork butt into a clean plate or container.
2. In a big bowl,gather all the ingredients excluding the pork ,to make a marinade sauce and mix it thoroughly. Taste it and add either of the above ingredients until it satisfies your taste buds.
3. Put the pork inside the bowl and blend all the ingredients with a spoon or your clean hands. Cover the marinated pork, place in the refrigerator and let the process begin.
4. Marinate the pork overnight so that pork will absorb the sauce flavor. If you marinate if for 2-3 days, its even better.
5.Clean the barbecue grill and start the heat running.
6. Put the marinated pork in the grill, and let it set for 15-20 minutes in the grill,and check the pork once in a while to avoid burning the pork. It is best to place the pork on the grill against the lines in the grill rather than with them, this will help eliminate the chances for part of the thin slice to slip between the cracks in the grill.
7.Flip the pork, in order to cook the opposite side.
8.Wipe the pork with the marinate sauce in each side while it is cooking. You might need to flip it several times during the cooking process. Each BBQ is a little different however with all of the pork fat dripping on the grill you should not roam to far away while it is cooking as the flare ups can be pretty intense with a whole grill loaded with pork, so keep the temp low and cook them slowly and thoroughly.
Enjoy your barbeque pork with your friends and family. It is best served with rice and some veggies like snap peas and carrots or bok choy and grilled corn.
Another method of cooking is to use skewers and cut up the pork into little pieces and cook them on the BBQ this way. It can be a nice way to prepare the BBQ pork if you are doing it for a smaller group or using a cut of pork besides the butt like a pork chop or something else, can be cubed and slide on skewers and cooked up quickly and still retain that awesome marinated BBQ flavor.
Filipino Grilling Recipe
Filipino Food Related Hubs
- Recipe for Pancit Bihon & Canton Vegetable and Seafood Options
Pancit a popular noodle dish in the Philippines with Bihon or Canton noodles, vegetables and seafood like shrimp and scallops.
- Tasty Mango Float Dessert Filipino Dessert Recipe
Recipe and pictures of making a delicious dessert from the Philippines - Mango Float
- Letchon Baboy - BBQ Roasted Pork in the Philippines
Roasting a whole pig is a great way to have a big meal with friends and family. The Filipino Letchon Baboy takes BBQ pork to the next level.
- Halo Halo Filipino Dessert Recipe
Many Filipinos enjoy a delicious dessert called Halo-halo that is combined of many different ingredients which results in varying combinations of flavors at different locations creating lots of local favorites when it comes to halo halo.
- Coconut Salad - A Filipino Refreshing Fruit Salad Recipe
Coconut Salad is a favorite fruit in tropical areas due to the fact they are locations that tend to be where there are lots of growing coconuts. Coconut fruit is great for a healthy fruit snack