- Food and Cooking
Five Easy Christmas Treat Ideas
Tis the season..
It’s holiday season again! Everyone’s busy, wrapping gift, partying, etc. One of the most awaited thing this holiday is the holiday desserts that your grand mother or mother will make. Today, I will give you 5 easy holiday desserts that you can create this Christmas. You can also make this as your gifts to your relatives and friends and neighbors.
3 - Ingredient Sugar Cookies
Well if you count the sprinkles, it’s four actually. This cookies is one of the easiest to make. It is also one of the most favorite desserts during the holidays.
1 stick +2 tbsp Salted butter
1/3 cup Sugar
1 cup All-purpose Flour
- Preheat your oven to 325 F / 165 C
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until the butter becaoms almost white and the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Fold the flour until well incorporated.
- With a spoon, scoop the cookie batter and form a 1inch ball (you can decide whether to make it smaller or bigger) by rolling it in your clean hands. Place them about 1 1\2 -2 inches apart on a pan lined with baking sheet.
- If your using the sprinkles, flatten the ball into any shape you want (christmas tree, candy cane, disc, etc.) then top it with sprinkles.
- Bake this for about 14 – 17 minutes or when the edges of the cookies are lighly golden.
- This will yield to 10 – 12 cookies depending on how big or small you will make.
This cookie is also one the most favorite cookies served during the holidays. As the title suggests, you will use your thumb in creating this cookie.
1 ¾ cup All-purpose flour
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
¾ cup Butter, softened
½ cup Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
Assorted jams, for filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and the sugar until it becomes white and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, until well combined. Put the dry ingredients in two batches until incorporated.
- Using a spoon or a small icecream scooper, scoop 1 inch balls into the prepared baking sheets. Using your thumbs, press a thumbprint in the center of each ball. Be carefull not to press too deep. Fill the center with a spoonfull of jam.
- Bake for 13 -14 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden. Cool on the baking sheets before serving it to your family or guests.
Melted Snowman Cookies
This is one of the most popular dessert today in pinterest. It is very delicious and so cute. It is also very appropriate for this holiday. Take note this is very easy to make! You can use the 3-ingredient sugar cookie recipe above if you want to make your own cookies.
1 dozen Sugar cookies
6 marshmallows, halved
12 orange sprinkles, for nose
24 mini button candies, for buttons
Chocolate sprinkles, for arms
White cookie icing, for decorating
Melted chocolate, for decorating
- Pipe white cookie icing onto sugar cookies creating a melted blob effects. Repeat it to the other cookies and put it aside.
- Get your marshmallow and put the eyes and mouth using the melted chocolate. Insert the orange sprinkles between the eyes and mouth to create the nose. Repeat it with the other marhmallows.
- Place the decorated marshmallow on the cookie. Squeeze some more white icing around the marshmallow to secure it in place.
- Place the mini button candies bellow its head to create a button effect. Place three candies for every cookie.
- Lastly, decorate the arm using the chocolate sprinkles. Create the arm of the snowman on the sides of the button. Link the sprinkles together to form a twig like arms for your snowman.
Ice Cream Cone Christmas Tree
This is also one of the easiest and most popular treat ever in the internet this holiday. It is also a three ingredient recipe. And you can do this with your kids to enjoy.
12 Ice cream waffle cones
White chocolate icing (dyed green)
Candies and sprinkles for decorations
1. Using a plastic knife, spread the icing onto the ice cream cone until it is well coated.
2. Get your candies and star decorating your Christmas tree. You can use star sprinkles and put it in the top of your Christmas. Decorate it whatever you like. Repeat it to the other ice cream cones. You can create different style for every ice cream cones.
3. Place it in a plate and put some icing on the bottom of the cone so that it will stay on place. Then it is ready to serve or be a decoration on your Christmas eve table.
Meringue Wreath Cookies
This is the hardest of one for this batch. This is a great dessert and also a beautiful one to be seen in any Holiday table.
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 c. sugar
pinch of salt
2 large egg whites, at room temperature
1/2 tsp. almond extract / vanilla extract (any of your choice)
4-6 drops green food coloring
1 tbsp. silver sanding sugar
3-4 red sour candy or twizzlers or any long red thin candy that you can shape into ribbon
1/4 c. red candy melts, melted
- Preheat your oven to 300°F / 150°C.
- Using a pen, draw circles on a piece of baking sheet to use it as guidelines for the wreaths. Place the sheet on a cookie pan, the lines facing down.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cream of tartar, and salt; put it aside.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the egg whites and almond / vanilla extract until it became foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar mixture and while continuing mixing until stiff peaks form.
- Add green food coloring and whip until combined.
- Put the meringue mixture into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe into circles using the guides you drew earlier. Add sprinkle for decorations.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until firm to touch. Turn off the oven. Let it sit inside the oven for 2 to 3 minutes until the edges start to brown. Cool completely.
- To create the ribbon, use the long, thin, red candy you have to form a ribbon. To make it stay in shape, use the melted candy melts to glue them. Set it aside to let the candy melt hardened.
- Use the remaining candy melts to stick the ribbon into every meringue wreaths. Let it set for a bit or until the candy melts hardened.
All about Baking!
- 3 Ingredient Dessert Recipes
Do you want to create easy dessert for your families, friends and visitors? Here are some recipes you might want to know!
- Baking 101: Types of Buttercream
Let's start baking! But I will teach you first the types of buttercream!
- One Cupcake Recipe Five Flavors!
Here's another dessert recipe for you! One recipe, Five Flavors!