- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Fresh Brewed Sweet Tea
What you'll need:
- a teapot or small pot
- a little less than 2 cups of sugar
- 2 of the Lipton Iced Tea bags or 8 regular tea bags of any flavor you choose
- Glass measuring cup (holds 2 cups) for hot water
- Gallon container for finished tea
What to Do:
- Fill teapot with water and bring to boil.
- Put the teabags into the glass measuring cup.
- When water is done boiling pour over the teabags to the 2 cup line and then cover.
- Allow tea to brew for 15 to 20 min. or until the water is feels just warm, and then pour into your container. Tea will look very dark, but this is fine since you have more water to add.
- Heat up the rest of the water and then pour into the container.
- Add the sugar and stir until it is dissolved.
- Fill the rest of the container with cold water ( I like to a tray of ice to it first sometimes) and stir it a little.
That's it! Your tea should be ready after a little time in the fridge or now if you don't mind it being a little warm.