- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Gluten Free Chicken and Rice Soup.. just what the weather ordered!
- Recipe: Stacked Enchiladas
This dish has a unique twist to an all-time favorite. Enchiladas recipes can be as diverse as the people who love them but one thing remains the same. They are delicious!
Chicken and Rice Soup
We are still on a quest to try different 'Foods From Around the World' here at our house but there is a storm going on outside so a Spicy Chicken and Rice Soup just sounded perfect!
I have never been big on making soup. If we wanted it, I would just reach for a can of Campbell's finest! That is no longer an option since we discovered Payne's (my son) intolerance to Gluten, Casein, refined sugar, preservatives, and well.. pretty much everything. :) I really like the idea of covering as many food groups as I can in one dish so, soup became the obvious choice.
I have tried a few different soup recipes but have always been disappointed for one reason or another. Either they turn out to be bland tasting or the GF noodles get mushy when we re-heat. That is definitely not the case with this soup! It's DELICIOUS!! Don't believe me? Try it for yourself.
Let me know what you think! ;)
- Healthy and Gluten Free Chili? YES!
When my husband tried this recipe he flipped! He considers himself somewhat of a Chili connoisseur and this was a definite winner. I tried a variety of different recipes but this one beat them all at our house.
- 8 cups GF Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 lbs cubed chicken
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- dash sea salt
- In a large pot, boil chicken in broth for 30 min or until done.
- Remove chicken and cut it into cubes
- Return the chicken to the pot
- Add all remaining ingredients
- Return to a boil
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 min or until rice is tender.