Chicken Salad Recipes
There is nothing more refreshing or delicious than a chicken salad on a nice warm day. Of course, chicken salad is equally good on a cold winter's day. Chicken is one of those rare meats that goes with anything. You can throw together a chicken salad just using the ingredients you find in your cabinet or refrigerator. I've done that many a day. But I do so love to make those special salads. The ones that make your mouth water as you are putting them together.
I have found that chicken salads are a terrific helping hand for anyone who is trying to diet. When you have a great chicken salad you don't feel as though you are being denied anything. It makes it a whole lot easier to stay on a diet. Before you know it you will be a trim, slim beautiful person.
Enjoy the recipes.
Health Benefits of Chicken
- 0 carbohydrates
- Low in fat
- Rich is protein
- The low fat content helps with weight loss.
- It contains a rich source of niacin, a B Vitamin the helps protect the body against cancer.
- High protein is essential for growth and development.
- Vitamin B6 helps keep the blood vessels up and running and healthy.The high protein level helps guard against bone loss.
- The high level of selenium helps the immune function of the body.
- Selenium also plays a part in the bodies anti-oxident defense systems
- Last but not least, selenium is essential in the workings of a healthy thyroid hormone metabolism.
- Phosphorus helps maintain healthy teeth and bones.
- Phosphorus also helps with the healthy functioning of your kidneys and liver.
- Phosphorous is also an essential part of keeping the central nervous system working at it's best.
Vitamins and Minerals
6 oz - skinless
Sunflower Chicken Salad
3 cups leftover chicken, chopped
6 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup black olives, chopped
5 to 6 green olives, chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
1 cup low-fat ranch dressing
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 bag prepared salad greens
In a large bowl combine chicken, celery, onion, water chestnuts, black olives, green olives and sunflower seeds.
Add ranch dressing and Dijon mustard and mix well.
Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. You can also make the night before and serve for dinner the following night.
Serve chicken over salad greens.
Jamaican Chicken Salad
3 to 4 cups leftover chicken, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup honey mustard salad dressing
1 tsp finely shredded lime peel
1 1/2 tsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning
1 large jar of mango slices in light syrup
1 bag of prepared salad greens
Combine honey mustard dressing and lime peel, mix well. Cover and store in refrigerator.
Spray a large fry pan with non stick cooking spray and heat to medium.
Sprinkle chicken with jerk seasoning and add to fry pan when hot, cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until chicken is browned.
Place mangoes and chicken prepared salad greens and drizzle with mustard dressing.
Orange Chicken Salad
2 cups leftover chicken, chopped
2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, chopped
2 4 oz cans mandarin oranges, drained
8 stalks celery, chopped
2 tbsp onions, minced
1 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup mayonnaise
large lettuce leaves.
Mix all of the ingredients together and place in refrigerator for 2 hours to chill.
Serve a a bed of lettuce.
Chicken Waldorf Salad
1 1/2 cups of finely chopped left-over chicken
1/2 cup finely chopped apple
2 large finely chopped stalks celery
1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
1/3 cup low-fat mayonaise
Combine all of the ingredients, mix well and let set in refridgerator of 1 hour.
- Best Ever Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
This homemade Chicken Pot Pie recipe is easy, delicious and chock full of veggies. With only 15 minutes of prep time, you'll have this in the oven and baking in a flash!
- Healthy low fat chicken and turkey recipes
Escaping Chicken from fotosearch.com When it comes to eating healthy taste is everything. At least it is to me. If I need to give up some of my favorite foods (donuts, ice cream) I must have flavor in the...
- More Healthy Leftover Turkey Recipes
For a long time I have been trying to eat healthy and at times I have found it so hard to be good. I would find myself starting out the day with such good intentions and by lunchtime all of those good...
- Recipes to Make with Leftover Chicken or Turkey: Sim...
What to do with leftover chicken after a big Sunday dinner? Or what about all that leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and Christmas? I dont know how things are at your house, but we dont waste anything!...
- 12 Yummy Chicken Recipes
I love to cook and try new things. I love to try fabulous recipes that are family friendly. I love chicken. If you sound like me, why not try one of these mouth-watering chicken based dishes today and make...
- Quick and Easy Baked Chicken Recipe with No Waste
Our family presents to you our favorite quick and easy baked chicken recipe plus smart tips for using every single part of the chicken so that nothing goes to waste.
- Easy Low-Fat Oven-Fried Chicken Recipes
Low fat ingredients and baking vs frying make these yummy chicken recipes a hit with your tastebuds and your waistline!