My Favourite Gluten-Free Soft Bread Recipe
Gluten is found in wheat flour, barley and rye. As more and more people are found to be gluten intolerant, gluten free products have become more popular in recent years. Bread is one of the products we eat every day and it is hard to live without bread. The gluten in bread contributes to its elastic texture. Gluten free bread seems to lack this elasticity and fluffiness. Ingredients like xanthum gum, corn starch and eggs are used in gluten free recipes as substitute for gluten.
Here is my gluten free bread recipe which I have been using over and over again to make my own gluten free bread at home.
More gluten free recipes here:
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1½ tsp Xanthum gum
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2¼ tsp yeast
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Combine all the dry ingredients except yeast.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease the baking bread pan and flour with rice flour.
- Whisk the eggs and vinegar together in a mixing bowl, and then add the butter.
- Add in water.
- Combine yeast with the dry ingredients and slowly add to the wet ingredients with the mixer on low speed.
- Turn the mixer to high and beat for 4 minutes.
- Turn the dough out into the bread pan.
- Cover the bread pan with a sheet of plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place.
- Remove the plastic wrap and cover with alumninium foil, it is ready for baking.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove the aluminium foil in the last 10 minutes for a light crust.
- For a medium crust, remove foil in the last 15-20 minutes.
- After 50-60 minutes, turn off the oven and leave the bread in there for about 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from the bread pan and allow it to cool on a cooling rack.
- Slice bread with a bread knife and serve with your favourite spreads.
© 2011 lady rain