- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Gluten-Free Brownies in 5 Easy Steps
What is gluten?
Gluten is a mixture of two proteins substance present in cereal grains and wheat flour generally used in commercial and homemade baked goods. It is what's responsible for the elastic texture of dough. It helps dough to rise and can also be found in flour made from rye, barley and spelt. Gluten is hard to digest, may cause abdominal cramping, water retention and bloating. It can make people sick specially those with celiac disease.
Gluten-free baked goods won't necessarily help with weight control and may actually hinder weight control efforts.
What you need?
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free all purpose flour blend
- 1/4 teaspoon Gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Granulated cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Organic slivered almonds (or nuts of your choice), (optional)
Gluten Free diet: Friend or Fad?
5 Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 350° F (176° C). Grease the pan (I used cooking spray but you can also use butter or coconut oil).
- Combine eggs and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add dry brownie mix including salt, cinnamon powder and then mix vanilla extract. Continue whisking. Drop in nuts (optional). Save some for toppings.
- Slowly pour the batter into the greased baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes. Check it after 18 minutes and add on remaining nuts for toppings. Continue baking for another 2-5 minutes. Check it again after around 20 minutes by inserting toothpick into the center of the brownies. Baking is done, if the toothpick comes out with a bit of moist but clean and smooth.
|Serving size: 1 square|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 30 g||10%|
|Sugar 20 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 200 mg||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Let it cool completely for at least 15-20 minutes before cutting into squares. Don’t over-bake or brownies will be hard.
Enjoy and don’t forget to sprinkle some kindness and share it with a smile!
...And match it up with a nice cup of tea or coffee.
Copyright@CrisSp~TM/04-2014. "Fearless but not Heartless" ~
Gluten Free Diet: Friend of Fad
© 2014 CrisSp