Great Sangria Recipe – No Steeping Required
As a teenager I spent a year abroad in Spain – and I can remember the preparation of the sangria for a town festival – with the long steeping of the fruits and the brandy and the Rioja and all that.
I have a general understanding of what a good authentic Sangria tastes like; and I’ll tell you right off the bat here, that this recipe doesn’t taste much like an authentic sangria…I actually think it tastes better, but I will definitely concede to a lack of authenticity.
OK, so that said, here is a great, very quick and easy recipe for a sangria that takes no advance planning whatsoever and can be made and ready to drink in minutes. This is light tasting, fruity, a little sweet, bubbly and loved by everyone I’ve ever served it to (which is a lot of people, since we serve it at the restaurant nightly!)
Easy Sangria Recipe (makes about a quart – multiply as needed)
- 2 ounces of orange juice
- ¾ ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces of simple syrup (50% sugar – 50% water – boiled together to make a syrup)
- 2 cups of dry red wine (we use a moderately priced wine for this recipe – preferring to spend a little more on wines we’ll drink straight and a little less on wines we’ll mix with sugar, fruit and soda!)
- 1 cup of sliced mixed fruit – a lolt of different fruits will work well here, we use pineapple, banana and watermelon – but use what you have
- 1 cup of soda water
- Mix everything together and then taste, adding more sugar syrup or lime juice as necessary to balance out the sweet and the tart. Serve over ice cubes.
Since this is light tasting, icy cold and bubbly, it makes a great day-time drink for a warm day – but be careful, this tastes so light and goes down so easily…it’s too easy to have a little too much!
A More Traditional Sangria Recipe
More Drink IDeas
- No-Guilt, Low-Calorie Summer Cocktail Recipes
Mix your alcohol, and drink it too! Moscow Mule, Gin and Tonic, Mojito, Margarita, Bellini, Sangria, Caiprinha, Long Island Iced Tea...
- How to Make Homemade Kahlua. An Easy Coffee Liqueur ...
In much of the world, Kahlua is sold as a very premium liqueur. Were I to walk to my local wine and liquor store for a bottle of Kahlua I'd pay almost 40$! Which, although I do like an occasional Mexican...
- Delicious frozen margarita recipe. It's so easy to m...
Don't do it to yourself...don't make your body suffer another night of neon green package mix margaritas - especially when authentic margaritas are so easy to make! Here are the easy steps to a perfect, authentic, lime margarita.