Greek Food-Village Salad. Fresh, delicious, flavorful!
Greek Village Salad
A delicious Greek Village Salad
A quick and fresh delicious salad. Full of flavor and bright colors.
Once you gather all the ingredients you can have this whipped together in about 25-30 minutes. Serves about 8, in 1/2- 1 cup serving sizes, which makes it great for gatherings or picnics!
Other recipes you may enjoy!
The Foods of the Greek Islands
- 2 Cucumbers, sliced like coins or quartered
- 8 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives, Sliced in halves
- 4 Tomatos, wedged
- 1 Green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1-2 Red onions, sliced
- 1 can Garbonzo beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Fresh lemon, squeezed
- 3 tablespoonns Olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Parsley, Fresh and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Chop the cucumber, tomato, onion, green pepper and olives. Add to a large bowl. Mix in the feta cheese and Garbanzo beans.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate container, mix well. Or puree (your choice).
- When ready to eat, toss the salad with the dressing.
© 2014 Rebecca