- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Grilled Tilapia with Sweet Pepper Salad
Tilapia & Sweet peppers Salad
Grilled Tilapia Fish
If you likr some really healthy but great tasting food then you just have to try a piece of grilled Tilapia fish, its a really, really sweet tasting fish that has enough flavor that you really dont have to season them, and if you add a nice salad with it your having a hearty healthy salad your family and friends will love.
4 (6-oz) tilapia fillets
1/3 cup lime or citrus dressing, divided
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
1/2 medium red oion, cut into slices 1/4-inch thick
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Place fillets in a rimmed plate; drizzle with half the dressing, turning to coat. Let stand 20 minutes.
2. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300f to 350F). Place bell pepper quarters in a grill basket. Grill 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes or until softened. Transfer peppers to a cutting board. Slice into thin strips, and place in a bowl; cover and keep warm.
3. Place onion slices in grill basket. Grill 6 to 8 minutes, turning every 20 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add onions and cilantro to peppers in bowl. Drizzle with remaining half of dressing; toss to coat. Season with sat and pepper to taste; set aside.
4. Remove fillets from marinade; discard marinade. Season fillets with salt and pepper to taste, and place on trill. Grill 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.. Remove from grill. Serve with pepper salad.