Quick and Easy Recipe: Halloumi & Eggplant Stuffed Pittas
This is an Eggplant - Also Known as an Aubergine
Rate this Eqqplant Recipe / Halloumi Recipe
Great Eggplant and Halloumi Recipe
This is one of my favourite quick sandwich recipes. I tend to have it on a Saturday afternoon after I've been out and bought all my fresh fruits and veggies for the week. But really you can have it any time you like and it works well as a quick dinner recipe. It's suitable for preparing in the morning as it only takes a few minutes and then you can take it with you to work or college and eat it at lunch time. I have lots of sandwich recipes but not many recipes for eggplant and even fewer halloumi recipes so I like that I can have the two items together in this sandwich recipe.
Quick and Easy Recipe Cook Time
Quick and Easy Recipe Ingredients
- Several slices of Halloumi Cheese
- half an Eggplant, thinly sliced
- half a Carrot, grated
- a handful of Sun-Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- a handful of Lettuce, shredded
- a few slices of Red Onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 1 Pitta bread, cut open lengthways
- splash of Oil, for frying the halloumi
Quick and Easy Recipe Instructions
- Prepare the eggplant slices by drying them out. Do this by sprinkling with salt on both sides and them leaving them to stand for a few minutes.
- Prepare the basis of the sandwich by gently toasting the pitta. You want it to be warm but to remain fairly soft and not become crisp. Open up the pitta and spread a layer of mayonnaise on either side of the inside. Then layer a bed of lettuce on one side. Sprinkle in the grated carrot, the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and the slices of red onion– try to scatter evenly.
- Pat the eggplant slices gently with a paper towel to absorb the liquid. Grill both sides until lightly browned on either side.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and when hot the fry the halloumi for a few minutes on either side until it starts to go soft and begins to melt through. Place the halloumi slices on top of the eggplant slices and grill for a further minute.
- When ready remove and quickly slot them into the pitta. Cut the pitta in half and serve immediately with a handful of olives.
Quick and Easy Recipe Poll
Do you like this Eggplant and Halloumi Recipe?
Enjoy you delicious Halloumi and Eggplant Pitta!
And there you have a truly delicious pitta sandwich. Although I said you can have it cold, I definitely prefer to eat it whilst the eggplant, halloumi and pitta itself are still warm. It's very easy to change some of the ingredients around or add your own. I've tried it with different sauces but I think mayonnaise works best.
Check out my Quick and Easy Recipes
- Quick and Easy Meal Recipe: Ranch Stew (Ideal for Sl...
Here is a delicious simple and easy recipe for a one-pot dish that can be cooked in one pan on the stove or in a slow cooker or crock pot.
- Delicious Fruit Smoothie Recipe
This delicious fruit smoothie recipe shows you how to make a fruit smoothie. It is one of my favourite smoothie recipes with fruit because it is such an easy and healthy fruit smoothie recipe.
- A Great Recipe For Old Bananas
This article provides a great banana recipe. There are lots of recipes for bananas but this one is for those ugly looking brown old bananas that you're about to throw out. With just a few minutes and only a few storecupboard items that everyone owns,