Shrimp Broccoli Pasta Recipe
A Delicious Pasta Dish
A warm pasta salad that can be eaten as a meal on its own, or served as a side dish. There are many variations of this dish that can be made by adding different vegetables and spices of your choice.
- A perfect salad to take along for a family get together.
- To serve at a luncheon, at a bridal or wedding shower.
- Bring this salad to the next potluck you're going to.
This easy pasta dish is made with Catelli Bistro tri-color vegetable penne rigate, which is an excellent source of fiber, iron, vitamin A and potassium.
Ingredients needed for Shrimp Broccoli and Pasta Dish
- 1 12-13 ounce box or 375g of Penne Regate or pasta of your choice
- 36-44 shrimp that have been cooked and peeled. If using larger shrimp you may want to cut back on the total amount.
- 2-3 cups of broccoli floret's steamed
- 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 5-6 large mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbs of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
Photo Tutorial for Shrimp DishClick thumbnail to view full-size
Instructions for preparing and cooking
- If you are wanting to have this pasta dish warm you will need to have three pots ready. The first one is to steam the broccoli, which has been cleaned and cut into florets. The second pot is to boil the pasta. Third is for boiling the shrimp. The shrimp can always be prepared beforehand and then added when you choose to do so. This dish tastes good whether you eat it warm or at room temperature.
- While everything is cooking on the stove chop the garlic, mushrooms and green onions.
- Drain the pasta and put it into a large bowl. Drain the broccoli and set aside. Drain and rinse the shrimp under cold water, and peel.
- In a medium sized frying pan heat the olive oil and sauté garlic for a minute, and then add the sliced mushrooms, green onions and broccoli to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add everything that's in the pan to the pasta along with a pinch of sea salt and the crushed red pepper flakes. Toss and serve.
The Perfect Pot for All Your Pasta Cooking
Nutrition Facts for the Pasta
|Serving size: 3/4 of a cup|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 61 g||20%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 13 g||26%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Variations For this Pasta Dish
fresh crab meat
chopped tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
canned crab meat
imitation crab meat
carrots raw or cooked
fresh or canned lobster meat
green, yellow, red, or orange peppers
spanish or sweet onion
marinated artichokes or mushrooms
chick peas or garbanzo beans
Spring Mix Salad
The salad that I served to go along with the pasta dish was a simple spring mix salad that included radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, thin slices of sweet onion and sliced black olives. Normally I make my own salad dressing but I cheated with this one and used a Kraft Greek Salad dressing.