- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Homemade Sunrise Skillet, Wraps, and Breakfast Pizza
Sunrise SkilletClick thumbnail to view full-size
The back story
For at least five or six years my purchase of Schwan's frozen foods consisted of breakfast items like breakfast wraps, broccoli beef, salmom, french fries, and ice cream. The salmon, caught fresh from Alaskan waters, was getting expensive.Delivery wasn't alway reliable. Locally, they went through numerous drivers and managers at the beginning of 2004. In june of that year, it was discontinued by me because of expense and unreliability.
After buying their version of my recipe, the ease of making my own became paramount. It was less expensive to do this too. The variations made it interesting every time something new was added.
The ingredientsClick thumbnail to view full-size
- 2 (1/2 cup liquid equivalent) eggs, whipped and scrambled
- one hamburger patty, thawed, cooked, and cut
- 1/2 cup potatoes, cut and boiled
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped, and sauteed
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped, and sauteed
- 1/4 cup each green, red, and yellow bell pepper, chopped and sauteed
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped and sauteed
What to do:
- In a small egg-sized skillet, combined the onions peppers and mushrooms. Sautee over medium low heat until white onions are caramelized..
- In a six-inch skillet, heat the eggs over medium heat. Stir to keep moving. Add the onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- Slice the potatoes and the meat. Add them to the egg, onion, pepper and mushroom mixture..
- Simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Top with a favorite shredded cheese before serving .
Potatoes and meat
For the potatoes, They needed to be washed and cut. Boil on medium heat for 20-30 minutes then drained. Removing the skin was optional.
For the meat, thaw for 20 minutes in hot water or on a plate in the fridge overnight. Cook in a sprayed alumonum pan in a 375 degree oven for 30-45 minutes. No pink or red should be showing or oozing from the middle.
Things to remember:
Meat should be thawed and cooked separately. For this recipe, the meat was baked in a preheated 375 degree oven until no pink was showing. Cook abot 45 minutes
The potatoes were leftover French Fries boiled and cut into pieces for this recipe. Boil potatoes for 35 minutes.
Wraps and PizzaClick thumbnail to view full-size
To serve four people use half a pack of desired meat, or half a can of salmon, four eggs and one large or two medium potatoes
Spoon a generous amount into a tortilla. Add favorite type of shredded cheese and mild Mexican sauce. Heat for 30-45 seconds on high and enjoy!
In a cereal bowl, mix 1/3 cup of pancake mix with one egg (or ¼ cup liquid equivalent) and two tablespoons of water.
Pour into a sprayed aluminum pan Add skillet mixture. Top with favorite shredded cheese. Bake at 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pan. Cut into four pieces and enjoy!
Be sure to try all three dishes before rating.
© 2014 Kim