Honey Brunch Hearts Recipe
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 55 min
Yields: 16 Biscuits
- 185gm butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100gm dark or milk cooking chocolate, chopped
- In a food processor, blend the melted butter, sugar and the honey until a smooth mixture is made. Then, add the egg and blend until all is combined.
- Add the sifted flour and spices. Then process until a smooth dough forms. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and then chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C (356*F) and line a baking tray with baking paper or spray with cooking oil.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper until the dough is about 3mm thick. Using a heart shaped biscuit cutter (or a knife if you don't have one :D) cut out the biscuits. Then, gather any leftover dough and repeat the same process.
- Place the heart biscuits onto the prepared baking tray/s and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Then, cool on a wire rack.
- When the biscuits are cold, melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water, or on medium in the microwave. Then, dip one half of each biscuit into the melted chocolate.