- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Honey Mint Glazed Chicken.
We all love to eat grilled food but most of us do not try to grill things as we think it is very difficult to make grilled food. In fact grilling is easiest thing to do. Honey mint glazed chicken is one of the easiest chickens to make and it not only tastes great but when cooked properly it is very pleasant to the eye too so a perfect dish to be served to be guests. We have used the complete chicken while making this dish but you can easily use boneless or skinless or just thighs, it is really up to you what you prefer. Thus this is very versatile dish. This dish is nothing more than a grilled chicken which has been glazed with Honey.
Like every grilled chicken this chicken has to be marinated so that it absorbs all the aroma and taste of the marinade and can be cooked easily.
- Chicken: 1 cut in to parts.
- Black pepper corns : 5
- Fresh mint leaves: ½ cup finely chopped.
- Honey: ½ cup
- Olive Oil: ¼ cup.
- White vinegar: ¼ cup
- Salt: to taste
- Water: 3 Tbsp.
- Take a large bowl.
- Put chicken pieces in the bowl and add vinegar and olive oil in the bow.
- Rub this vinegar and oil well on to the chicken with hands.
- Keep aside for one hour.
- Now take another bowl and in it mix well honey and mint leaves.
- Add water and mix well. Add just enough water to make it good basting consistency.
- Set aside for glazing the chicken.
- Now heat grill on medium heat.
- Ground black pepper corns.
- Remove the chicken pieces from bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Now place the chicken pieces on hot grill with skin side up.
- Cook for 35 minutes, covered, turning every 5 minutes or so.
- After 35 minutes baste all side with honey mixture.
- If you are cooking thighs then keep the temp at 180 F.
- Insert the knife in the chicken and if it comes out clean then it is cooked.
- Garnish it with mint leaf and serve hot.
Other Yummy Dishes
- Chicken Wrap Recipe
This can be used as a snack or as a lunch. Children like it very much and its ingredients are very easily available and it is very easy to make. It is light on stomach, less on calories and high on taste and health. A must for any woman with young ch
- Silky Chicken Kebabs Recipe
Kebabs have been favorite dish of Muslim Indian Royalty since long. They used to employ special cooks to make kebabs. It was said that if a cook is not Kebabs then he doesn’t know cooking at all. Kebabs are usually made from mutton ( lamb or goat mea
- Fish Fingers
I love eating fish fingers and I find them very tasty. Though they have all the good values of a fish but since this dish has lot of oil so I have to count my calories when I eat this. It is a very tasty dish from Indian Subcontinent. Fish fingers ar
- Garlic-Butter Pomfret
Pomfret is a very tasty fish found in India and other parts of world. This dish is speciality of west Bengal region in India. It is not only very tasty dish but also very healthy.