- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Cupcake Decorating Ideas ~ How To Make Frog Cupcakes
Cupcake Decorating Ideas ~ Fun for All the Family
Cupcake decorating is fun. It's inexpensive, creative, something the whole family can get involved in, and these frog cupcakes are a perfect starting point.
Yes it's possible to spend hours creating intricate designs with sugar flowers and stencils and making sure everything is just so ~ but that's really best left to the cake decorators.
What is much more fun is to learn a few simple skills then let your and your kids imaginations run wild. Make faces, flowers, monsters, whatever takes your fancy and generally speaking the wilder and wackier the better.
A cupcake decorating party can also be great for a kids birthday party or any other event such as a wedding, anywhere you need the kids kept entertained for an hour or so.
Frog Face Cupcakes
What You Need to Make Your Frog Cupcakes
A flat topped cupcake ~ if you've ever had problems getting your cupcakes to come out of the oven with flat tops then be sure to read the article 'How to Bake the Perfect Flat Topped Cupcake' in the 'Other Cupcake Decorating Ideas and Useful Information' section below.
To make the frogs you will need:
Green and white sugarpaste
Black Royal Icing ~ alternatively you can use black writing icing, a black food colouring pen or black food colouring and a paint brush.
Circular cutters, 1 the width of your cupcake and 1 about 1" smaller in diameter. If you don't have specific cutters then look around the house and get creative ~ do you have plastic tubes i.e. ones sweets come in that you can use. If all else fails you can always make a template circle and cut around it (always make sure an adult does that bit).
How to Make A Frog Animal Cupcake
1. Using a cookie cutter cut out a piece of white sugarpaste big enough to cover your cupcake, using buttercream to anchor it in place.
2. With your smaller cutter cut out a circle of green sugarpaste to form the basis of the Frogs face. Attach this to the centre of the white sugarpaste. One of the best ways to get 2 pieces of sugarpaste to stick together is to use cooled boiled water and using a clean fingertip or paintbrush dab some water onto the the white sugarpaste and gently place the green sugarpaste circle on it.
3. Roll 2 pea sized pieces of green sugarpaste into balls and stick to the outer edges of the top of the green sugarpaste circle.
4. Roll 2 balls of white sugarpaste about half the size of the green pea pieces and stick them on top of the green pea pieces ~ these now form the eyes.
5. Using the black royal icing or alternative draw a vertical line down the centre of the whites of the frogs eyes.
6. Again using the black royal icing or equivalent draw a mouth for your frog, a smile always works well but having made this with many kids over the years don't be alarmed if you end up with red eyed, scowling monster frogs ~ kids seem to love them.
Frogs are only the begining of the story as far as cupcake decorating is concerned ~ watch out for lots more cupcake decorating ideas over the next few weeks
Got Cupcake Decorating Tips You'd Like to Share
If you've got knowledge that you think would be useful to other people then why not share it here at HubPages - you might even earn some extra money at the same time.
HubPages is a free to join and free to use site where you can share knowledge and information, so if you've ever thought about writing about what you know then delay no further and join HubPages today.
Other Cupcake Decorating Ideas and Useful Information
- Cupcake Stencils Create Fun Cupcakes
If you want to create beautifully decorated cupcakes and cookies, but aren't sure your artistic skills are up to it, then cupcake stencils are the answer. Cupcake and cookie decorating is great fun and is...
- Piping Gel - How to Use Piping Gel in Cake Decoratin...
Piping Gel, if you haven't discovered it before, is a way to have a whole new level of fun while cake decorating. Simply put piping gel, or piping jelly as it's also called is a sugar based gel which can be...
- Best Cupcake Decorating Books for Great Ideas
Cupcake decorating is great fun whatever your age or experience, and there are some really inspirational cupcake decorating books on the market to help you get ideas and become even more creative. Whether...
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make and Decorate Cow Cu...
Cupcake decorating is great fun at any age, and having learnt a few simple tecniques it's amazing how easy it is to create great designs such as cow cupcakes. Once you've learnt how to make one...
- How to bake the perfect flat topped cupcake
If your cupcakes emerge the oven looking more like mini volcanos than sponge millponds then I can help - assuming of course you want to bring an end the need to the need for cupcake decapitation. Be warned...
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make Elephant Cupcakes
It doesn't matter whether you're four or ninety-four, cupcake decorating is something that can be enjoyed by everyone. Kids love it as in a few simple steps they are able to make recognisable cupcake...
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make Ladybird Cupcakes
If you're ever stuck for ideas for how to entertain your kids during school holidays or rainy afternoons then have a go at cupcake decorating.Follow the instructions below to learn how to make these really easy ladybird cupcakes.
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make a Pig Faced Animal Cupcake
Decorating Cupcakes is great fun at any age and it's amazing how easy it is to create very effective designs such as animal faces. Once you've learnt the basics it's easy to adapt the knowledge and create a...