- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How To Make No-Bake Cookies ~ Cheap, Fast, and Easy!
Chocolatey, peanut buttery no-bake cookies!
First off, I'd like to apologize for the title of this hub. I'd like to apologize to the cookies! They seemed to be a bit ticked because I called them cheap. I guess the "fast and easy" was okay!
Yes, in my world cookies talk!
Moving on...these cookies are a favorite in my family. My mother used to make these without the peanut butter, and most of the time, the cookies wouldn't set. We'd put them in the freezer for a bit and just scrape the cookies off the waxed paper with spoons! Adding the peanut butter definitely helps them harden up more like cookies.
Make a batch of no-bake cookies tonight, but try not to eat them all in one sitting. They're not as pretty coming back up! Enjoy!
The Most Excellent Recipe
- 8 tablespoons(1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter(soy butter or almond butter will also work)
- Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Add milk and vanilla extract.
- Add sugar and cocoa. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Once boiling, cook for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Add oats and peanut butter.
- Mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax or parchment paper.
- Let cool and enjoy!