How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
I absolutely love spaghetti squash, and it is such a simple and healthy option instead of carb and calorie ridden pasta noodles. You can substitute spaghetti squash for recipes where it calls for spaghetti.
This recipe will yield four servings. The total cook time is approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. This is a very easy to make, and it tastes absolutely yummy.
- 1 spaghetti squash, it should weigh anywhere from 2 1/2 to 3 pounds.
- Add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, this will be about 1/4 of a stick of butter.
- Add about two good pinches of fresh grated nutmeg. Some people don't like nutmeg, so add or decrease as much as you like.
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmigiano cheese.
- Add salt and ground pepper to your liking.
1. Pre-hear the oven 375 degree.
2. Cut squash in half, cutting it longways.
3. Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
4. Place squash open side facing up.
5. Take a metal spoon and scoop away the seeds.
6. Bake the squash for 60 minutes, then let the squash cool for 15-minutes.
7. In a sauté pan, heat the garlic and butter for two minutes.
8. Take a fork, and scrape the inside of the squash longways.
9. Place the squash noodles in a mixing bowl.
10. Add the garlic, butter, parmesean, and oregeno, and stir in.
11. Garnish with parsley and enjoy.
This is the nutritional facts for the squash alone. add this number to the ingredients which you have added.
Calories 35 per cup.
Total Fat 0.4
Saturated fat 0.3
Polyunsaturated fat 0.9
gMonounsaturated fat 1g
Sodium 19 mg
Potassium 110 mg
Dietary fiber 2.2 g
Protein 0.7 g
Vitamin C 5%
Vitamin D 2%
Vitamin B- 70%