- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to Make A Homemade Pizza
Please rate this recipe!
Save yourself hundreds of dollars by switching to homemade pizza! Make your own dough, use bakery dough, or try a ready made crust.
If you'd like to make your own dough, learn more here: How to Make Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 14" pizza dough
- 1 -2 cups pizza sauce
- 20 - 30 pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small can of mushrooms
- 1 - 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease your pizza pan with a little bit of olive oil on a paper towel. Sprinkle the pan with cornmeal; I have also used italian bread crumbs. If you are using homemade or bakery dough, stretch your dough to fit your pan. Using a fork, poke lots of holes in the dough to prevent large air bubbles.
- Spread sauce over the dough using as much or as little as you like. Add a layer of pepperoni. Sprinkle on half of your cheese. Add another layer of pepperoni, then add the green pepper, onions, and mushrooms. You can also add any other toppings you like. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven to a cooling rack and allow the pizza to sit for 10-15 minutes. Move pizza to a cutting board and slice with a pizza cutter.
- Other combinations could include barbeque sauce and chicken, buffalo sauce and chicken, ground beef, ground sausage, pineapple and ham, olives, jalapenos...endless ways to make this pizza fit for your family.