- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
How to Make Banana Nut Bread or Muffins Using Dry Milk
Rate this recipe!
Dry milk is created by removing the water content which creates a concentration of lactose (milk sugar), which gives a golden brown look to baked goods. It has a binding effect on flour protein, enhancing the structure of baked goods. This property also helps them retain moisture to stay fresher for longer periods of time.
I used this recipe to make 1 batch of 6 jumbo muffins and 6 regular sized muffins. The recipe can also create 1 loaf of banana nut bread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Instant Nonfat Dry Milk, I used Carnation brand
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 c up vegetable oil
- 1/2 c walnuts, chopped
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan or put liners in a muffin tin.
- Mix flour, dry milk, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer. While that is blending (if you have a stand mixer), mash bananas with a fork in a small bowl. Add bananas to the eggs and sugar. Add the oil.
- Gradually spoon in the flour mixture until a dough is formed. Stir in walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared pans. I used an ice cream scoop for the muffins. Bake a loaf for 60-65 minutes or muffins for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after insertion.