How to Make Tangdi Kebab
In the Middle Eastern countries kebabs are one of the very popular dishes. There are many dishes that can fall under the category of kebabs. The tangdi kebab is one of them and can be prepared in different ways depending on the style and ethnicity of the chef who is preparing the kababs. This dish comes under the grilled recipes. These kababs prepared using chicken are one of the very famous Indian dish and is at its best when served with the paranthas.
The ingredients involved in preparing the tangdi kebab are
- lotus stems
- ginger paste
- paste of green chili
- cumin powder
- fenugreek leaves, (dried)
- red powder of chili
- garam masala, (Indian spice mix)
- mango powder, (dried)
- bread crumbs
- orange color
- refined flour
- cooking oil & salt to taste
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||153|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 17 g||26%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 2 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 25 g||50%|
|Cholesterol 65 mg||22%|
|Sodium 495 mg||21%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Before preparing the tangdi kabab the stems of lotus are supposed to be cleaned very thoroughly. The stems that are used should be cut into pieces of length not more than four inches.
- The stems that are left out are cut into smaller pieces and are boiled until they are soft. The longer pieces are supposed to be trimmed into fingers.
- Then grinding of the lotus pieces is done in order to prepare a paste.
- Garlic paste, paste of green chili, ginger paste, cumin paste, fenugreek leaves, hung yogurt, salt, powder of red chili, garam masala, mango powder, bread crumbs, and the orange color is added to resulting paste after boiling.
- This mixture of all the ingredients is mixed thoroughly. The prepared paste can be applied to the marinated chicken or the fingers of the lotus’ stem.
- After the paste is applied the left ingredients that are refined flour, salt, color and the cornstarch are mixed with the mixture prepared till now.
- The oil which is sufficient enough for heating the mixture is heated and then if the lotus stems are used they are rolled over the mixture prepared else if the chicken is used in the kabab the chicken pieces are rolled over the prepared mixture.
- Finally it is heated in the oil till the time when it color turns to golden. The quantity of the paste depends on the amount of chicken to which it is to be applied before being heated.
The best way to serve the tangdi kabab is to serve it with the rings of onion and the so called green chutney. This dish is quite easy to prepare and serve.
For more delectable kebab recipes, visit our website Foodies Joint.