How to Make Vegetable Pulao in Microwave Oven
Pulao can be served hot sprinkled with black cardamom powder and garnished with the fried onions. You can add some permitted colours if required. In my case, i suggest the vegetables only. ie, in pure white rice, we are adding fresh carrots,peas,beans etc. These orange, green colours are combines a beautiful texture in our dish.
- 350 g Rice
- 400 g Frozen mixed vegetables, Thawed
- 60 ml Oil
- 100 g Onions, Sliced
- 10 g Ginger, Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, Chopped
- 10 g Cumin seeds, Roasted
- 4 Green Cardamoms, Crushed
- 8 Cloves
- 8 Black peppercorns
- 5 g Cinnamon sticks
- 6 Bay leaves
- 6 g Salt
- 700 ml Hot boiling water
- 1 Black Cardamom, Crushed
- Clean, wash and soak rice in double the quantity of water for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a 3 litre casserole dish on HIGH for 1 minute. Add onions and brown on HIGH for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove onions from the oil and keep aside.
- Re-heat the oil on HIGH for 1 minute. Add ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, green cardamoms, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon sticks and bay leaves. Mix well and cook on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add vegetables, cover and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes, stirring midway.
- Drain rice and add to the vegetables. Add hot water and salt. Mix well and cook covered on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Stir, and cook on MEDIUM-HIGH for 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished.