How to Make a Cheeseball
Perfect Holiday Cheesball
You can vary many of the ingredients in this cheesball to taste. This is the recipe that gets raves whenever I serve it at a holiday function!
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese
- 2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg. Ranch salad dressing mix (do not use dip mix)
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 2 tblsp. deviled ham
In a small bowl, mix Ranch dressing mix with mayo, milk, and sour cream. It is double the strength of the recipe on the pkg, but this will give you a better flavor.
In a seperate bowl, mix cream cheese, deviled ham, grated cheese and add in 1 cup of dressing mixture. Mix on low speed with hand mixer until creamy. Freeze mixture for one hour
Remove mixture from freezer and form into a ball with hands. Roll ball in sliced almonds, which you can crush to get better coverage. Chill until ready to serve!
* This recipe makes a very large cheeseball, so I usually divide it to make two smaller cheese balls.