- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Spicy Chettinadu Mushroom Curry in South Indian Style
This hub teaches you how to make Chettinadu Mushroom Curry in South Indian Style. Very delicious and spicy. Any veg & non-veg lovers would love to cook & serve their family.
Spicy Chettinadu Mushroom Curry South Indian style recipe is another healthy dish I would like to share it with my readers. Let us see what is the health benefits of Mushroom.
Health benefits of Mushroom are as follows.
- Enhances Weight loss. Its a good replacement diet for Red meat as it supports weight loss.
- Helps in better diet quality and improved nutrition
- Helps improving your Vitamin D levels in your body
- Helps improving your immune system function
Chettinadu Mushroom Curry
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Ready in: 55 min
- Yields: Serves two to three people
- 400 grams Mushrooms, (halved)
- Refined oil
- 1 cup Coconut, (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 3-4 Dry red chillies
- 2 Green cardamoms
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 8-10 Cashew nuts, (soaked in water)
- 1 Big onion, (chopped)
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- 2 Tomatoes, (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, (for garnishing)
- Switch on the flame and heat the pan. Pour 1 tablespoon of oil and heat the oil.
- When the oil is heated; add grated coconut, cumin seeds, fennel seeds some dry red chillies, green cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick one by one. Ensure to fry till ingredients become golden brown.
- When the ingredients become nice golden colour. Switch of the flame and allow them to cool.
- When they are cool grind them with cashew nuts which are soaked in water. Along with that we also add 1 table spoon of ginger and garlic paste.
- This is the masala paste to prepare Chettinadu mushroom curry.
- Take another kadai or cooking pan. Pour 2-3 tablespoon of oil in it.
- Once the oil is heated put the chopped onions in it. Fry them until they become golden brown.
- When the onions have turned golden brown, add curry leaves in to it.
- Along with the curry leaves, add the masala paste that we have prepared. Saute this further and cook for few minutes.
- After cooking this masala, add tomatoes in to it.
- Along with the tomatoes, add some turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder.
- Then saute these ingredients for 5 to 7 minutes or so.
- So that they are nicely cooked along with the tomatoes.
- When the oil is separated this indicates that the masala is nicely cooked.
- Now it’s the time to add the mushrooms in it. Then add the black pepper powder and mix well.
- When the mushroom curry is cooked well, shift to separate plate or bowl to serve.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with plain white rice, Idly or Dosa varieties.