Simple Ladies Finger or Bhindi Fry Recipe
Ladies Finger Or Bhindi Fry Recipe
Ladies finger is one of the highly nutritious vegetable with low calories which helps in weight loss.This simple vegetable contributes many health benefits. This is good source of protein. It manages glucose level and fights from diabetic symptoms. Most of the people love this vegetable and makes different dishes. This vegetable has its own style of taste and texture. This can be served during breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is often used to prepare sambar, curry, fry and fritters in Indian Cuisine.
Ladies finger is called Bendekayi in Kannada, Bendakaya in Telugu.
Ladies finger fry is slightly moist and non sticky dish. Very simple and mouthwatering side dish with basic ingredients and popular for vegetarians. Fried cooked ladies finger with spice ingredients makes this dish tastier. This dish can be prepared in many different ways with regular spice powders. One of the best way to serve this vegetable to kids since this tastes delicious. It plays main role in memory power, so most of the people prefer this for growing kids. This fry is one of the best recipe to try for the beginners. Tastes best with chapati, naan, roti, phulka and even rice.
- 250 grams ladies finger, washed and chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes, medium sized, chopped
- 1 capsicum, medium sized, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-2 teaspoons red chili powder, or as required
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt as per taste
- a pinch of sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
How to make the recipe
- Rinse ladies finger under running water. Dry them, chop off the ends, chop them into 1 inch circles. Keep aside.
- Wash and chop tomatoes and capsicum. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add chopped ladies finger, saute in medium flame for about 5 minutes or till its stickiness goes away.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and capsicum. Mix and saute.
- To this add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar. Mix everything properly.
- Add little water, cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or till it turns soft.
- Switch off the flame and add 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice. Mix properly.
- Simple and easy ladies finger fry is ready to eat. Serve hot with roti, paratha, phulka, naan or rice.
More about the ladies finger fry
- You can replace red chili powder with green chili, or you can use both.
- Before you chop make sure that ladies finger is not wet, otherwise they will become sticky. After rinsing, wipe them off with clean cloth or absorbent paper to make them dry.
- Adding more water to cook and overcooking makes your fry mushy.
- You can replace lemon juice with amchur powder or dry mango powder.
- Chop ladies finger into medium sized pieces, neither too thin nor too thick.
- Buy ladies finger by breaking the tail of it. If it breaks, it is good to use. If it just bends, don't buy it.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||81|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 13 g||4%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Sodium 70 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|